Thursday, July 23, 2015
Local Car Happeings in Tidewater Virginia
UPCOMING SHOWS ETC.
Sat Jul 25
- Restored by The Lord car show, Hickory Ridge Community Church, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 3320 S. Battlefield Blvd., Chesapeake. Come out and join us for our 3rd annual car show "Restored by The Lord", all wheels welcome. Indoor Vendors and food sales. Top 20 viewers' choice and Pastors pick. $20 for all entries.
- Bayside Masonic Car Show, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 1465 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach. All Makes and Models and Motorcycles Welcomed! Registration 10 am to 12 noon, Show 12 to 3 pm. Judging begins at 2 pm, Awards at 3 pm. Sponsored by the Bayside Masonic Lodge 218. Come on out and support this worthwhile organization. firstname.lastname@example.org
- CPOA Annual Car Truck Bike Shine And Show, NAS Oceana Park at Front Gate, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Oceana Naval Air Station, 1750 Tomcat Boulevard, Virginia Beach. $15 pre-registration and $20 day of show. Proceeds go to the NAS Oceana CPOA. Come on out and help support our military! email@example.com
Sat Aug 1
- US Coast Guard Birthday Car Show, US Coast Guard Base Portsmouth, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, 4000 Coast Guard Blvd., Portsmouth. Pre-registration required for base entry. Fee $20 plus 2 cans of Food, Each registered participant gets a wrist band for free food, and events; Come support your Coast Guard with this important event. The following information is required to be sent before the show by July 29th. Name, (you must have a picture ID for entry); US Citizen, Yes/No; Vehicle Year Make and Model; Vehicle Registration; Vehicle Color; Insurance Co. (must have proof of insurance at show). Please provide this information to Ray Hinman, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call Doug Sample @ 757-880-1660. Hope to see everyone there. Web Site: www.mustangcluboftidewater.com / Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sat Aug 8
- 2nd Annual Scouts & Cars in the Park Car Show, Polo Fields at Newport News Park, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Newport News Park is located off Exit 250 of I-64, near Jefferson Ave. & Ft Eustis Blvd. (State Rt. 105). Newport News Park is the largest municipal park east of the Mississippi River. The show benefits the Boy Scouts of America Troop 313. This is an open show and all makes, models and years are welcome. The first 100 registered vehicles will receive a dash plaque and goody bag. All registrants will be eligible for the awards through Participants Choice judging and door prizes. Everyone can join in on the silent auction, 50/50 drawing food and drinks. Registration is $20 per vehicle or save and pre-register for $15. Registration 9 am until Noon, Balloting closes at 1:30 pm, Awards at 2:30 pm. Contact Deborah Matheny 757-872-0899, Clay Drnec 804-824-9198 / clay.drnec@cox, or Colin Romanick email@example.com.
- RESCHEDULED: Youth Challenge Car Show, back for our 5th Car Show, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, the Sears at Newmarket, Hampton. Most of you should remember we have excellent trophies, and of course 100% of all entrance fees, raffle proceeds, and food sales go to support the Youth Challenge Program in our mission - the restoration of lives and families that have been devastated by drug addiction and alcoholism. Entry Fee is $20, which includes eligibility for trophies, give-aways, and show dash plaque/magnet. Trophies awarded: 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each of 5 classes (Ford, Chevy, GM, Mopar, Import), Best in Show, and Founder’s Choice award. There will also be a 50/50 Raffle! Vehicles must be Registered by Noon for trophy eligibility. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back To Basics, presented by Neighborhood Dreamz, Anna's Pizza, Register 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Awards at 4:00 pm, 2845 N Armistead Ave., Hampton. $20 entry, 10 Specialty Awards, Top 25, 50/50 Raffle.
Sat Aug 15
- Khedive Auto Shriners Annual Fun-n-Shine, Khedive Shriner's Center, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 645 Woodlake Dr., Chesapeake. Class Trophies 1st and 2nd Places, Potentates Choice Trophy, Sponsors Trophy for Best Display, Best Paint, Best Engine, Free Car Show T-Shirt first 100 registered received by Aug.9th, Dash Plaques all entries. Trophy Presentations start at 3 pm. Come out and support this awesome worthwhile organization! email@example.com
- Autumn Lakes Boy's and Girl's Club Car Show, 10:30 am - 4:00 pm, 15611 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Host by 757 Auto Events & 757illest.com to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club of Autumn Lakes, Newport News. Open format Show, with DJ, Bounce house, Mini carnival games, Food available onsite. $20 Entry per car, $60 Vendor Set Up Fee (with 1 Show entry included), Impartial judging of all entrants, Low Car/Truck Limbo, Awards (Trophies), 50/50 raffle, Gift certificate raffles. Schedule of Events: 10:30 Registration, 11:30 Judging starts, 1:00 Registration closes, 3:30 Awards and Drawings, 4 pm cleanup.
- Tappahannock Airport Classic Car, Truck, Motorcycle Show & Fly-in, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 1450 Aviation Road, Tappahannock. Free to the Public. Show vehicle registration $10 at the gate day of show. Bring the family out for a day of good food, 50s music, aircraft and classic cars from across the Mid-Atlantic region. Trophies, dash plaques, and prizes. For more information contact Jim Evans, Airport Mgr at 804-443-5885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat Aug 22
- 7th Annual Drive-In for a Cure for Diabetes Car & Bike Show, Tractor Supply Company, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 6499 Market Drive Gloucester. Parking lot behind Hardee's 7 miles north of the Coleman Bridge. Registration is from 9-11 am, awards are given at 2 pm. ALL makes and models welcome. DJ Dreux will be with us again, food onsite. Lots of Awesome Cars and Bikes to see. Come out and join us, and help us raise money for Diabetes. Goodie Bags and Dash Plaques to the first 75 to register. Web Site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-DreamCatchers/297091527009488?ref | Email: email@example.com
- Third Annual “Back-to-School Supply Giveaway” Open Car Show, Little Mount Church, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 3288 Pruden Blvd., Suffolk. Fellow car enthusiast, come and register your car for a worthy cause. Family come out and enjoy the event. Marvel over the spectacular cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Enjoy music, food, and face painting that is sure to please the entire family. A 1st and 2nd place award will be given for the People’s choice in the following categories; Street Rods, Corvettes, Mustangs, Dodges, Original, and Luxury. Select your favorite in each category. Your vote determines the winners. All proceeds from Car Show go toward the event, backpacks, and school supplies. To receive school supplies the child must be present. http://www.lmzbc.org/images/LMZBC_Carshow061715.pdf
- Finish the Race Annual Summer Car & Motorcycle Show, Calvary Temple Church, 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm, 50214 Triple Seven Road, Sterling. This is an event for enthusiasts of all ages. Held on the grounds of Calvary Temple Church there is something for everyone. Come on out and show off your Car or Motorcycle or just enjoy strolling the grounds and admiring the over 200+ vehicles and motorcycles expected. All makes and models welcome. Free trailer parking. FREE registration. FREE admission. Lots of food and other vendors! Kids zone with games and activities for young and old. Waterski Stunt show. Dash plaques for the first 100 Cars to arrive! Car Awards: Top 10 and Top 25 Best of Show Best Interior Best Paint Best Engine Top 5 for Trucks Top 5 for Imports Top 5 for Late Models (1989 and newer) Top 5 for Exotics. Motorcycle Awards: Top 15 Best of Show Best Paint Best Engine Pre-registration available on-line at www.finishtherace.org or www.eventbrite.com. Registration on day of event opens at 10 am till 3 pm. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 430-7307.
Sat/Sun Aug 22/23
- Southern Fried Festival, Langley Raceway, Sat 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am - 6:00 pm, 3165 North Armistead Avenue, Hampton. We will be taking over Langley Aug 22nd-23rd! We will be featuring 300-400 hot rods, custom cars, racecars, pre-street cars, muscle cars, and modern muscle cars, as well as 4 x 4's brought together by Eastern Truck & Accessory. Registration is $45 which will get you and a passenger, as well as your car, into the two day show. We will also be featuring EIGHT different bands on TWO stages both days in addition to 120 professional and amateur BBQers all competing for the VA State BBQ Championship. For more information visit www.vacarshow.com or contact LiveWire Media at 410-213-9473. This is the only event being featured at Langley Speedway ALL SUMMER and is one you don't wanna miss!
Sat - Cars & Coffee: Are you normally busy on Saturdays with a list of honey-do's or family commitments? Well that's perfectly fine because you can be back home before your spouse is even up. Enjoy your car hobby and still enjoy the rest of your day. Originally started in Irvine, CA at a strip mall on the PCH, the Cars & Coffee idea has steadily spread to various areas across the country. Here in Tidewater Virginia, we have the great Mid-Atlantic coastal region, we have plenty of sports cars in the area, and we have plenty of coffee shops so it seemed a logical fit. This is an informal hangout for mature car enthusiasts who enjoy an early morning drive and a cup of coffee.
1st Sat - (Aug 1) Virginia Beach Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the first Saturday each month from 7:00 - 9:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at La Promenade Shops, 1860 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 in the West Hilltop area of Virginia Beach, which features ample parking and BEAN THERE COFFEE on location. Please be courteous to the businesses in the shopping center and leave the lot at 9:00 am promptly. http://carclubcouncil.info/cars_and_coffee.pdf orhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
2nd Sat - (Aug 8) Newport News Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the second Saturday each month from 8:00 - 10:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at AROMA'S, 706 Town Center Drive, Newport News, VA 23606. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385990664766049/
3rd Sat - (Aug 15) Williamsburg Cars & Coffee, 8 - 10:00 am, The Coffeehouse, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg. C&C ~ Williamsburg is an informal gathering of people with a passion for automobiles. Come on out and share a cup of coffee with the enthusiast you met last month. or plan to make new friends to compare your mods with next month! http://www.carsandcoffeewilliamsburg.com/
Every Sat - Cars, Coffee & Chocolate, sponsored by Simply Fresh Café, every Saturday morning 8 am -10 am Town Center, 180 Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Parallel street parking or surface lot parking directly across the street from the host. Parking is in the shadows of The Cosmopolitan Apartments for pleasant summer mornings. All makes & models welcome. Contact Bobby Sharon email@example.com (757) 404-1406
Every Sat - Cruise-in at Landstown Commons Shopping Center, 4 to 9:00 pm, at the corner of Princess Anne Rd & Dam Neck Rd. Come join us Saturday nights for fun, friends, cars and music. Dash plaques to first 50 on field. This cruise-in brings in 130+ cars. Coupons given out for shopping center merchants. There is a $2.00 fee per vehicle. Spectators free. All proceeds go to charity. Contact John Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-377-7144 or Rob McPherson at email@example.com or call 757-553-2012.
Every Sat - Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In, 5:30-9:00 pm, The Main Street Shopping Center, 6882 Main Street, Gloucester. Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club would like to you to join us on Saturday nights April to October 2015 for our "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In. It starts around 5:30 pm and continues till about 30 minutes after dusk. Admission is $1.00 or more! Come out and join us! For further information: mpccofgloucester.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Sat - The Classic Cruiser's Cruise-In takes place from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM beginning April 11 thru October 17. We will not hold a cruise-in on July 4. Our location is Heritage Square Shopping Center, 4318 George Washington Hwy, Grafton, VA. It is open to all years, all makes, and all models. If it's cool, bring it. It is only a $2.00 donation to show your vehicle. There is no admission fee for spectators. All cruise-in donations are donated to charity. It is a great place to listen to some great tunes played by our DJs, look at some great rides, see your old friends, and make some new ones. For more information about our club, go to www.ccccofva.org or Classic Cruisers Car Club on Facebook, or you can contact Allen Hunt 757-868-6900, email@example.com or Blair Armbrister 757-877-4911, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every Sat - The new "Underground", Hosted by Affiliated Alliance, Back at N2 Vapes, 8:30-11:30 pm, 4221 Pleasant Valley Rd., Virginia Beach. Affiliated Alliance and proudly produce to you another Saturday Night 'UNDERGROUND' meets in Va beach, come out and check some Vape gear at N2 vapes or get something to eat for 5$ at the pizza shop right across from N2 they stay open until the meet is over! Note: Also if the childishness starts to come about you will no longer be able to park in the 'Parking Lot, we ask of you kind people to not do the following: NO BURNOUTS, NO PEELING OFF, NO STUPIDITY, NO EXCESSIVE REVVING. The rules are simple please don't ruin it for everyone else and make sure you guys continue sharing these posts and make sure all of your friends come out and have a good time!
Every Sat - Street Syndicate / Kingsman Imports meet, USA Living, 8:00 -11:59 pm, 3320 Holland Rd., Virginia Beach. This meet has permission to be there as long as everyone cleans up their mess. Calz Pizza will be open late to serve attendees. Kingsman Imports will be enforcing normal car meet etiquette rules. They want everyone to know that anyone who acts like an idiot will be asked to leave, and if they have to ask twice, plate numbers will be given to the Local PD and USA Living.
Every Wed - Franklin Cruise-In, Every Wednesday Night, May 6th to Sep 16, 5:00 pm, at the Main Street parking lot in downtown Franklin. FREE family fun event. Enjoy 50/60's music playing, raffles, 50/50 prizes, and entry to our famous $1000.00 Grand Finale Giveaway. Sponsored by Franklin VFW. For more information please call Mike Smith 757-438-2981
Every Thu - Dairy Queen Cruise-Ins, Every Thursday Night (ending on Halloween Night "Trunk-R-Treat", Sat, Oct 31), 4024 Portsmouth Blvd.(Across the street from Cavalier Ford), Chesapeake. Western Branch Car Group. Contact: Ray Hinman, Cell: 757-672-9081 for more info!
Every Fri - "CRUZ THRU" at Shorty's Diner, 5 - 9:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Come join Shorty's Diner every Friday from 5 to 9 pm and check out some of the coolest Hot Rods, Street Cars, Trucks and Bikes in the area. Always GREAT food and GREAT people. WWW.ShortysDinerVA.com. 757-603-6674
Every Fri - Fast Friday Nights 2k15, hosted by Affiliated Alliance, 8:00 pm - midnight, Kmart 4300 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake. Currently looking for a meet? check out Kmart meet in Chesapeake, No BS, let's all get together in one spot for once, this lot is fairly big with good lighting check it out for all you people on the other side of the water. Hungry? There's plenty of restaurants nearby, don't miss out every Friday Affiliated Alliance hosts meets at Kmart and N2 Vape shop in VA beach on Saturdays, sponsored by N2 Vapes! Note: We usually cruise out after the meet for fun.
Fri Aug 7 - Smithfield Lions Cruz-In: 1st, & 3rd Fridays of every month, thru Oct 16th, Sentara/St. Luke's Urgent Care Facility, 20209 Sentara Way, Carrollton. $2 donation at gate for show cars, spectators free. Food available from Bubba & Frank's bar-b-cue, car enthusiast vendors, 50's - 60's music provided by Lion Tom Norris, "featured car clubs" at every show. Show sponsored by Starr Motors, Sentara Health Network and AVES. Reserved parking spaces are available for the entire show season for $25 each. Contact Lion Tim Marinelli: email@example.com, 757-371-6061
Fri Aug 14 - Daniel's Performance Group Cruise-In, 6-9:00 pm, 20128 IWIP Road, Smithfield (Charlie Daniels Racing). Open to all vehicles you are proud to show, especially those special antiques! $3 donation for show cars, $2 donation for featured club cars, and FREE to spectators. We have picnic tables in the shade, and we are a child friendly atmosphere. Vendor spaces available upon request, please call (757) 356-1156 for more info. Bring friends, bring family! We are expecting great weather and a grand turnout.
Fri Aug 14 - Night Moves August Meet Sponsored by Pro Rim Repair, Virginia Beach Sportsplex, 6 - 10:00 pm, 2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach. The fourth Night Moves meet of 2015! We will have food and drinks for sale on site courtesy of The Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Regional Training Center, great music courtesy of Muzik Lounge and Dj El Capone, and official photography coverage by Chops Creative. AS ALWAYS, $2 entry to help us keep these things running. See everyone there! https://www.facebook.com/events/657195217757816/
Wed Aug 19 - Newport News Fuddruckers Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month from 6-8 pm with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Sat Aug 22 - Team Apex presents "Roof Top Carbeque", Walmart Supercenter Virginia Beach, 9:00 pm - Midnight, 4821 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Car meet, DJ, and food. $2 entry
AUTO CROSS(AX, or SOLO)/HI-PERF DRIVERS EDUCATION(HPDE)/TIME TRIALS/CLUB RACING/ROAD RALLY
Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) - Old Dominion RegionThe Old Dominion Region (Number 63) is part of the Southeast Division (SEDiv), which consists of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our Region includes all of the cities in the Hampton Roads area as well as several surrounding cities. We primarily host two types of events: Solo (Auto Cross) and Road Rally - www.odr-scca.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Aug 2 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Sep 6 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Oct 4 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Nov 1 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC) Founded in Norfolk Virginia in 1953 TSCC has a strong foundation within the local Hampton Roads autocross community and surrounding areas (140+ club members in 2009). Our autocross season runs from March through November with events taking place on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually host a novice autocross school early in the season on the Saturday before our Sunday event. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
Our club is not solely structured around autocross. TSCC is, as the name implies, a car club, supporting the enthusiast. Car shows, social gatherings, and community involvement are just a few of the extracurricular activities in which TSCC participates. We host a charity event at least once a year where all the proceeds from the event are donated to a designated charity. Since 2005, we have donated over $20,000.00 to various local and national charities.www.tidewatersportscarclub.com
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Jul 26 / AX #5 / ACU 4 (JEB Little Creek)
Sat Aug 15 / Sand Dune Solo / ACU 4
Sun Aug 16 / AX #6 / ACU 4
Sun Sep 20 /AX # 7 / Pungo Airfield
Sat Sep 26 / Fall Track Attack / Academi, NC
National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Mid-Atlantic
NASA Mid-Atlantic increases track time for HPDE (High Performance Driver's Ed) Drivers!! In response to overwhelming feedback from our participants NASA Mid Atlantic offers even more of its award winning HPDE program to all HPDE Drivers. Starting March 22-23 at VIR NASA will increase the number of on track sessions each HPDE group receives from 3 to 4. More time. More opportunity to have more fun on track!!! www.nasaracing.net
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Fri-Sun Sep 4-6 / The 10th NASA Championships / VIRginia International Raceway Full Course - https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2084
Sat-Sun Oct 10-11 / OKTOBERFAST (OG Racing HyperDrives™, HPDE 1-2-3-4, Time Trial, Sprint Roadracing) / VIRginia International Raceway Full Course
Porsche Club of America (PCA) - First Settlers Region (Zone 2)The Porsche Club of America First Settlers Region desires the comfort of good friends and good conversation, and we praise to a fault the world's finest automobile. With those attributes, our club has grown to over 600 Active Members throughout Virginia. We race each other, show our prized possessions, conduct rallies, autocrosses and tours. The Club sponsors driver education, restoration and technical sessions. We know our Porsche, or Porsches if we're lucky, inside and out. Our Newsletter, Horizontally Opposed, which tells our stories and provides an insider view to everything Porsche. www.fsrpca.org
The mission and purpose of the Porsche Club of America's Driver's Education Program is to provide a safe, structured and controlled teaching and learning environment. The PCA DE Program is designed so that participants can improve their driving abilities and acquire a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving safety. Participants will experience first-hand the capabilities of high performance automobiles in a controlled, closed-course environment and acquire skills that will enhance safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sat Jul 25 / TSD Rally / TBA
Sat-Mon Sep 19-21 / HPDE / VIR (South course Sat/Sun, Full course Mon)
Audi Club North America, Potomac Chesapeake Chapter (PCC)
The PCC of the Audi Club North America (ACNA) is comprised of members from Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. Our membership is diverse, but we all share a passion for the Four Rings!
PCC is one of the largest and most active of all ACNA chapters! Our mission is to enhance the Audi ownership experience for our members by offering them a wide variety of benefits including: Driver education and safety instruction held at regional motorsports facilities including Virginia International Raceway (VIR) and Summit Point Raceway, Social networking with other Audi fans, Technical and product information about the Audi family of vehicles, Discounts on parts and/or labor through our network of sponsors. www.audiclubpcc.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sat-Sun Sep 19-20 / HPDE / Old Dominion Raceway, Manassas
DTP ProCreated by local photographers Daviam Fernandez and Tony Thompson, DTP.Pro is quickly becoming one of the area's most well-known car show organizers. DTP plans, hosts, and executes events that will blow other shows out of the water. Starting small we will quickly build into an Empire. Make sure you're on the lookout for all of our upcoming events being planned!
Sat Jul 25 / Summer Road Rally X2 / Just Breathe Vapors, 11:30 am, 1105 N King St., Hampton - This year's second Summer Road Rally is all about time matching. There will be a predesignated "course" with a set time that participants must try to match. The person with the closest time to the preset time wins. All local laws and speed limits will be adhered to and we are/will not be held liable for any reckless driving involved with this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/1156617957686941/
AUTO RACING / MOTORSPORTS
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)Chosen as one of Car & Driver's Top 6 tracks in the nation, Virginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort."
Fri/Sat Aug 7/8 - ChampTruck World Series. This series is for gear-heads, big-rig truck road racing fans and people who love fast driving. It's not about gimmicks or theatrics. We're talking six-wheel drifts and lots of gear-jammin' action!
Sat/Sun Aug 8/9 - ChumpCar 24-hour Enduro. It will be a hot summer night at VIR when ChumpCar returns with your favorite wacky "junkers n' clunkers" 24-hour endurance race, this year on the Full Course. This classic race is for grassroots teams and Chumps like you that have always wanted to go road racing without all the hassle. It's about "Joe Average" and almost-race-ready cars. Anyone can enter, but here's the catch - cars must be valued at less than $500.
Fri-Sun Aug 21-23 - Oak Tree Grand Prix TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. The TUDOR United SportsCar Championship is the result of a merger between GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series and the American Le Mans Series. The Championship will welcome GT LeMans and GT Daytona classes as they battle for overall GT supremacy!
Sat Aug 29 - Biscuitville 125 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. NASCAR’s top developmental series before making the jump to the top three series. Come watch the next generation of NASCAR stars as they hone their racing skills on VIR’s legendary North Course, which is 2.25 miles long with 22 turns and 100 feet of elevation changes.
Richmond International Raceway (RIR)Known as America's Premier Short Track, RIR offers great night racing action and a commitment to the fan experience. One of the most popular facilities among drivers and fans in all of motorsports, Richmond International Raceway annually hosts two NASCAR Doubleheader weekends, featuring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series, under the lights on a ¾-mile D-Shaped oval. The unique layout traditionally produces exciting side-by-side racing, yet drivers reach high enough speeds for a superspeedway feel. Combined with first-class amenities and a focus on the fans, guests at Richmond International Raceway can expect to experience what "Racing Perfection" truly is.
Fri/Sat Aug 7/8 - Seat Time American Racing School's level of personal attention means you get the NASCAR driving experience you came for, which will include expert driving instruction as you take your driving skills to the next level. We put you in control; no pace car to follow and passing is allowed. We cater to the average NASCAR fan and the avid racer alike, we at Seat Time American Racing School will promise you an exciting and fun filled day at the race track. Satisfy your need for Speed, give us a shout and get into one of our race cars.
Fri-Sun Aug 14-16 - NASCAR Racing Experience is the true NASCAR driving experience. You can drive a real NASCAR race car that’s been driven by some of NASCAR’s greatest drivers on the superspeedway! At NASCAR Racing Experience there’s no lead car to follow, no instructor riding with you. You drive a real NASCAR race car by yourself as your Personal Racing Instructor coaches you over 2 way, in car radio. NASCAR Racing Experience is “As Real As It Gets!” Reservations are recommended and Gift Cards are available. For more information call 877-RACE-LAP or http://www.nascarracingexperience.com/NRE/.
Sat/Sun Aug 22/23 - Virginia Motor Sport Club. VMSC is an independent club that has been hosting safe and fun road rallies and autocross events for our members and guests since 1950. We hold several rallies in the Bus lot at the Richmond Raceway Complex throughout the year so come join us!
Sat Sep 11 - Virginia529 College Savings 250. Do you like short track racing "under the lights" on a Friday night? How about high octane fun with the family? The Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series race has all that and more! There's no reason not to bring out the entire family when children 12 and younger are FREE with a ticketed adult in general admission seating areas.
Sat Sep 12 - Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup. Richmond International Raceway is all a buzz for one final time in 2015, and it could not be a better one. The Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is the perfect recipe for a good time. With this being "One Last Race to Make The Chase," drivers are putting it all on the line in order to get on the grid. Drivers are desperate for points and a win. They'll surely put on a sparks-flying, no mercy show as they battle for a spot to compete for the championship. Once the checkered flag waves, only the top 16 drivers get on the grid and will move on to compete for the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.
Langley Speedway, Hampton
America's Oldest Consecutively Running Short Track! Three Time Recipient of the NASCAR Hometrack Achievement Award. http://www.langley-speedway.com/
Every Wed - Wacky Wednesday, our premier midweek street car racing event. Any street legal car with current inspection tags are eligible for competition. Registration and spectator gates open at 6 pm with the drivers meeting just after 7 pm and competition beginning shortly after, which includes Time Attacks, One Lap Oval Drag Racing, and Monthly Burnout competition (3rd Wed). Racing is usually complete by 10:30, providing great family fun on a week night while still ending at a decent hour. Coolers are allowed in the grandstands during the events. Come on out and join the fun!
Wed Jul 22 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat Jul 25 - Hampton Heat 200: Late Models 200, Grand Stocks 40, UCARS 25, Pro Six 30, Winged Karts 20, 7:00 pm
Wed Jul 29 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat Aug 1 - TNCC Motorcycle Training Night: Modifieds Twin 30s, Grand Stocks 40, Super Streets 40, Bandos 15, Enduros 30, 7:00 pm
Wed Aug 5 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat Aug 8 - Weekly Racing: Modifieds 50, Super Trucks 25, UCARS Twin 20s, Pro Six 30, Winged Karts 20, Enduros 30, 7:00 pm
Wed Aug 12 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat Aug 15 - Reinhart Night: Late Models 100, Grand Stocks 40, Super Streets 40, Legends 25, Bandos 15, Winged Karts 20
Wed Aug 19 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat/Sun Aug 22/23 - Southern Fried Fest: Cars | Stars | BBQ | Music
Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Petersburg, VA 23803.
Built in 1994, a state of the art multi-million dollar facility encompassing 500 acres featuring: Drag Strip, Mud Bog Pit, Truck and Tractor Pull Arena, Motocross facility, and a BMX Track. http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/
Fri Jul 24 - O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars / Street Points
Sat Jul 25 - East Coast Truckin' Nationals
Fri Jul 31 - Ladies Night plus! Test-n-Tune
Sat Aug 1 - Outlaw Heads-Up Index / 1/4 mile Pro / Test-n-Tune
Fri Aug 7 - O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars / Street Points
Sat/Sun Aug 8/9 - Franklin Electric ET Bracket Points Race (ET Points). (Sat Only - Southern Outlaw Top Sportsman)
Thu-Sun Aug 13-16 - Loose Rocker Colonial Classic: Thu (Parking & Test-n-Tune, 6-11 pm), Fri ($5k Race), Sat ($10k Race), Sun ($5k Race)
Fri Aug 28 - O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars / Street Points
I don't drive too fast, I just fly too low!
Follow or subscribe to the Blogs at: