UPCOMING SHOWS ETC.
Sat, Oct 31
- Salute to Our Heroes Ford and Ford Powered Show, Newport News Fuddruckers, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, near Patrick Henry mall, 12361 Hornsby Ln., Newport News. This is the first annual show for the L.Cpl. Cody Childers memorial foundation (we care marines). We are raising money in order to send care packages to marines serving overseas in memory of L.Cpl. Cody Childers who lost his life serving his country in 2010 he was 19 years old. There will be a silent auction with many great prizes and a raffle give away. Also if you bring a flier for the show and have a meal at Fuddruckers they will donate 15% of your total to the organization. Please come out and support this great cause! If you have any further questions you can contact me at 757-816-7420 or my email firstname.lastname@example.org | Web Site: www.facebook.com/events/1615182805425709/
- Continental Automotive 2nd Annual Charity Car & Motorcycle Show, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, 615 Bland Blvd., Newport News. Free to the public. Free parking on-site. All proceeds benefit the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank. Trophies for winners of each category! Raffles for a set of Continental Tires and other Conti prizes! Advanced entry fee $15. ($20 day of show) Vendors must pre-register. Contact: Justin Shank (757-875-7339) Justin.Shank@continental-corporation.com Find us on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/conti.car.show
Sun, Nov 1
- Raising Hope for the Homeless Car & Motorcycle Show, Fuddruckers Newport News, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Ln, Newport News. “Everyone is Welcome” - Trophies for best car and motorcycle. $5 and a donation of any type as entry fee to compete. Items needed:
New underwear, socks, blankets and sleeping pads, flashlights and batteries, stocking caps, plastic tarps, backpacks, toiletries (toothbrush and toothpaste, razors, soap, combs, brushes, nail clippers, etc.), and clean clothes. For additional info contact: Hector Cruz at 757-995-3643. Sponsored by: Fuddruckers, Saint Michael Lodge, Fast Life Riders, Affiliated Alliance, 757 Sport Bikes, and Tidewater Bikers.
- 2nd Annual Williamsburg Gathering Car Show Featuring Mercedes-Benz, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Merchants’ Square, Williamsburg. Join us in the Square for our second annual fall car show. The show features a different marque each year. This year, we are working with the Mercedes-Benz Club of America to assemble an impressive array of models on Duke of Gloucester Street. There is no fee for the event. Just come on out and enjoy!
Sat, Nov 7
- Suffolk Rods and Muscle Cars Veterans Appreciation Car Show, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Chavis Collision and Repair, 3730 Pruden Boulevard, Suffolk. All makes and models. Top 20 Plus Sponsor awards for Best Paint, Best Ford, Best GM, Best Mopar, Best Modified and others. Entry fee is $20.00 per vehicle. Registration from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Awards will be presented at 3:00 pm. 757-620-9726 | Visit our Facebook page @ Suffolkrodsandmusclecarclub
- 2nd Annual Cans & Cars Show, hosted by The FBLA of Nansemond River High School, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Nansemond River High School parking lot 3301 Nansemond Parkway, Suffolk. This show will be benefiting the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore. Open to all makes and models. The entry fee for each car is 10 non-perishable food items or $10. Registration starts at 9:00am. There is no gate fee for public viewing, BUT please bring non-perishable foods to vote on the winners. “Best of the Show” will be awarded to the car that receives the most votes through food donations. Delicious barbeque and hot chocolate will once again be served by Coffield’s Barbeque. Email: email@example.com
- Shop With A Cop Car Show, The Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club of Gloucester, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Gloucester Library, 6920 Main St., Gloucester. Early registration is $15 and $20 the day of the show, and registration ends at 12 pm. Trophies are awarded for the top five in GM, Ford, Mopar, Imports, Motorcycles and trucks. Also awarded are trophies for the next 25 vehicles, as well as other special awards. Winners are selected by participant voting. There’ll be Live Music and plenty of fun, including 50/50 Raffle and Food. For further information, contact MPCC on our email address or web page. We look forward to seeing you there!!!
Sat, Nov 14
- 4th Annual Shorty’s Fall Classic Cruz Thru, Shorty’s Diner, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Join us for our 4th Anniversary and Customer Appreciation Day. Great food and great people. $10 show registration fee. Proceeds go to Child Development Resources. Awards for Best in Show, as well as Fun categories like “Shorty’s Favorite” & much more. www.ShortysDinerVa.com
- Annual Mustang Club of Tidewater Joy Fund Car Show, Cavalier Ford, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 4021 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake. Proceeds go to the Virginian Pilot’s Joy Fund Charity & Oasis Food Bank. Registration $20 + 2 Cans of Food. Open to all makes of cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats. All for the spirit of giving as we come into the 2015 Holiday Season. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.mustangcluboftidewater.com/pdf_doc/15_joy.pdf
- Wrench House Auto Show, Damon & Company, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 7104 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Gloucester. Auto show all day trophies will be given out. Come check us out. 50/50 Raffle, all proceeds are going to the local Hu main Society. $5 regular lot and &10 preferred lot first come first serve! https://www.facebook.com/events/1155356344479169/
Sat/Sun, Nov 21/22
- Coastal Virginia Auto Show, The Virginia beach Convention center, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach. The Largest Auto and Truck Show in the Southeast! Win Cash And Prizes! A 2-day indoor event at the Virginia beach Convention center. Open to all Makes all Models, we have class specific information on the website. If it has wheels we want you to bring it to the event. Vendor spots are available as well. www.CVAutoshow.com
Tue, Oct 27 - Suffolk IHOP Cruise-In, 6-8:00 pm, 1210 N Main St., Suffolk. Runs July - Last Tuesday in October, every Tuesday night at the IHOP on Main Street in Suffolk local car enthusiast get together to show off their rides and enjoy some fellowship. Stop by, bring your ride; classic, new, old, car, motorcycle, truck….. bring what you got! No Admission, just come have fun! For more info contact Eley Duke III at 757.539.8777
Fri, Oct 30 - “CRUZ THRU” at Shorty’s Diner, 5 - 9:00 pm Every Fri, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Come join Shorty’s Diner every Friday from 5 to 9 pm and check out some of the coolest Hot Rods, Street Cars, Trucks and Bikes in the area. Always GREAT food and GREAT people. WWW.ShortysDinerVA.com. 757-603-6674
Sat, Oct 31 - Cars, Coffee & Chocolate, sponsored by Simply Fresh Café, every Saturday morning 8 am -10 am Town Center, 180 Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Parallel street parking or surface lot parking directly across the street from the host. Parking is in the shadows of The Cosmopolitan Apartments for pleasant summer mornings. All makes & models welcome. Contact Bobby Sharon email@example.com (757) 404-1406
Sat, Oct 31 - Saturday night Cruise-in ‘Trunk or Treat’, Landstown Commons Shopping Center, 3 to 8:00 pm, at the corner of Princess Anne Rd & Dam Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us at the final car cruise of 2015 for a Trunk or Treat on Halloween night! Dress in costumes (if desired), Collect treats from participating cruise cars, Fun for the whole family! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Weather permitting. Event is subject to change without notice. Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date event information. https://www.facebook.com/events/891699967572645/
Sat, Oct 31 - Suffolk Hardee’s Cruz-in, 4 to 9:00 pm, 2301 Pruden Blvd., Suffolk. A Cruz-in will be held at Hardee’s, every Saturday night weather permitting, all year long.
Sat, Oct 31 - Trunk Or Treat, Liberty Baptist Church Suffolk, 4 - 9:00 pm, 116 Romans Rd, Suffolk. Liberty Baptist Church and Affiliated Alliance are putting together a little show for kids to come out and participate and getting to know the church. When dressing your trunk keep in mind this for children and their parents so nothing too frightening. Also, if you would like to dress up yourselves please do so. Biker Clubs, will be attending and participating as well, we also plan on having a Fire truck to come out for fun and a Food truck 'SOUTHERN GRILLING’ for when you guys get hungry! We plan on having many games and candy for the kids as well. Please bring your children along and invite any families that would like to come out to this event.
Sat, Oct 31 - Dairy Queen Cruise-In Trunk-or-Treat, 5:00 pm, 4024 Portsmouth Blvd.(Across the street from Cavalier Ford), Chesapeake. Western Branch Car Group. Last of the year. Contact: Ray Hinman, Cell: 757-672-9081 for more info!
Sat, Nov 7 - (1st Sat) Virginia Beach Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the first Saturday each month from 7:00 - 9:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at La Promenade Shops, 1860 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 in the West Hilltop area of Virginia Beach, which features ample parking and BEAN THERE COFFEE on location. Please be courteous to the businesses in the shopping center and leave the lot at 9:00 am promptly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
Sat, Nov 14 - (2nd Sat) Newport News Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the second Saturday each month from 8:00 - 10:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at AROMA’S, 706 Town Center Drive, Newport News, VA 23606. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385990664766049/
Wed, Nov 18 - Fuddruckers Newport News Open Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Sat, Nov 21 - (3rd Sat) Williamsburg Cars & Coffee, 8 - 10:00 am, The Coffeehouse, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg. C&C ~ Williamsburg is an informal gathering of people with a passion for automobiles. Come on out and share a cup of coffee with the enthusiast you met last month. or plan to make new friends to compare your mods with next month! http://www.carsandcoffeewilliamsburg.com/
Sat, Nov 28 - (4th Sat) Cars & Coffee Norfolk, 9 - 11:00 am, Uno Pizzeria & Grill, JANAF Shopping Center, Military Hwy & VA Beach Blvd., Norfolk. An informal hangout for mature car enthusiasts with a passion for automobiles, who enjoy an early Saturday morning drive.
AUTO CROSS(AX, or SOLO)/HI-PERF DRIVERS EDUCATION(HPDE)/TIME TRIALS/CLUB RACING/ROAD RALLY
Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) - Old Dominion Region
The Old Dominion Region (Number 63) is part of the Southeast Division (SEDiv), which consists of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our Region includes all of the cities in the Hampton Roads area as well as several surrounding cities. We primarily host two types of events: Solo (Auto Cross) and Road Rally - www.odr-scca.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Nov 1 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC)
Founded in Norfolk Virginia in 1953 TSCC has a strong foundation within the local Hampton Roads autocross community and surrounding areas (140+ club members in 2009). Our autocross season runs from March through November with events taking place on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually host a novice autocross school early in the season on the Saturday before our Sunday event. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
Our club is not solely structured around autocross. TSCC is, as the name implies, a car club, supporting the enthusiast. Car shows, social gatherings, and community involvement are just a few of the extracurricular activities in which TSCC participates. We host a charity event at least once a year where all the proceeds from the event are donated to a designated charity. Since 2005, we have donated over $20,000.00 to various local and national charities.www.tidewatersportscarclub.com
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Nov 15 / AX #9 / Pungo Airfield
National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Mid-Atlantic
NASA Mid-Atlantic increases track time for HPDE (High Performance Driver’s Ed) Drivers!! In response to overwhelming feedback from our participants NASA Mid Atlantic offers even more of its award winning HPDE program to all HPDE Drivers. Starting March 22-23 at VIR NASA will increase the number of on track sessions each HPDE group receives from 3 to 4. More time. More opportunity to have more fun on track!!! www.nasaracing.net
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sat/Sun Nov 7/8 - 7th Annual Fall Finale (HPDE 1-2-3-4, Time Trial, OG Racing HyperDriveT, Touring Laps for Cale) / Summit Point Motorsports Park
AUTO RACING / MOTORSPORTS
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)
Chosen as one of Car & Driver’s Top 6 tracks in the nation, Virginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as “America’s Motorsport Resort.” http://virnow.com/
Fri Nov 6 - VIR is hosting its annual Holiday Laps event to raise money for the WAKG Christmas Bucks for Kids. The nonprofit, headed by the Danville Salvation Army, strives to make a merrier, warmer holiday season possible for children in the local area. Learn more about attending our Holiday Laps by visiting http://virnow.com/news/virginia-international-raceway-hosts-annual-event-to-raise-money-for-local-children-in-need/
Richmond International Raceway (RIR)
Known as America’s Premier Short Track, RIR offers great night racing action and a commitment to the fan experience. One of the most popular facilities among drivers and fans in all of motorsports, Richmond International Raceway annually hosts two NASCAR Doubleheader weekends, featuring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series, under the lights on a ¾-mile D-Shaped oval. The unique layout traditionally produces exciting side-by-side racing, yet drivers reach high enough speeds for a superspeedway feel. Combined with first-class amenities and a focus on the fans, guests at Richmond International Raceway can expect to experience what “Racing Perfection” truly is. http://www.rir.com/?homepage=true
Fri/Sat Oct 30/31 - Racing with Rusty. Rusty Wallace Racing Experience provides fans and enthusiasts with an authentic NASCAR racing experience. Whether you’re 14 or 94, and whether it’s your first time or fortieth time, we are proud to share in the unparalleled excitement of your racing experience! Come check us out and go “Racing With Rusty”! Visit our website or call 855-22-RUSTY for more information or to sign up! http://www.racewithrusty.com/
3165 N Armistead Ave., Hampton
America’s Oldest Consecutively Running Short Track! Three Time Recipient of the NASCAR Hometrack Achievement Award. http://www.langley-speedway.com/
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Virginia Motorsports Park
Dinwiddie, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Petersburg, VA 23803.
Built in 1994, a state of the art multi-million dollar facility encompassing 500 acres featuring: Drag Strip, Mud Bog Pit, Truck and Tractor Pull Arena, Motocross facility, and a BMX Track. http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/
Fri, Oct 30 - Ladies Night Spooktacular Finale / Battle for the Belts / Test-n-Tune
Sat, Oct 31 - 3rd Annual Restoration Reunion & Legends at the Park, plus Outlaw Heads Up Index 4.90, 5.90 and 10.00 and 1/4m Pro
Fri, Nov 6 - O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars (Finale)
Sat/Sun, Nov 7/8 - EOPM PRO MODS (Sat) plus 5K Eastern Footbrake Bonanza
Sat/Sun, Nov 14/15 - Fall ET Challenge - Big $$$ ET Racing
Sat, Nov 21 - HTP Horsepower Hustle Fall Brawl, plus Test-n-Tune
I don’t drive too fast, I just fly too low!
Follow or subscribe to the Blogs at: