Photo by Chops Creative
UPCOMING SHOWS ETC.
Sat, Nov 14
- 4th Annual Shorty’s Fall Classic Cruz Thru, Shorty’s Diner, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Join us for our 4th Anniversary and Customer Appreciation Day. Great food and great people. $10 show registration fee. Proceeds go to Child Development Resources. Awards for Best in Show, as well as Fun categories like “Shorty’s Favorite” & much more. www.ShortysDinerVa.com Email: email@example.com
- Annual Mustang Club of Tidewater Joy Fund Car Show, Cavalier Ford, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 4021 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake. Proceeds go to the Virginian Pilot’s Joy Fund Charity & Oasis Food Bank. Registration $20 + 2 Cans of Food. Open to all makes of cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats. All for the spirit of giving as we come into the 2015 Holiday Season. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.mustangcluboftidewater.com/pdf_doc/15_joy.pdf
- [RESCHEDULED] Shop With A Cop Car Show, The Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club of Gloucester, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Gloucester Library, 6920 Main St., Gloucester. Early registration is $15 and $20 the day of the show, and registration ends at 12 pm. Trophies are awarded for the top five in GM, Ford, Mopar, Imports, Motorcycles and trucks. Also awarded are trophies for the next 25 vehicles, as well as other special awards. Winners are selected by participant voting. There’ll be Live Music and plenty of fun, including 50/50 Raffle and Food. For further information, contact MPCC on our email address or web page. We look forward to seeing you there!!!
- Wrench House Auto Show, Damon & Company, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 7104 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Gloucester. Auto show all day trophies will be given out. Come check us out. 50/50 Raffle, all proceeds are going to the local Hu main Society. $5 regular lot and & $10 preferred lot, first come first serve! https://www.facebook.com/events/1155356344479169/
Sun, Nov 15
- Tidewater Streeters Annual Charity Car & Bike Show, Bayside Harley Davidson, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, 2211 Frederick Blvd., Portsmouth. Annual Car & Bike Show Benefiting Toys for Tots. Registration begins 8 am. Open to all vehicles, $20 or toy of equal value to enter - due day of show. No pre-registration. Awards: Dash plaques for first 150 entries, Awards for TOP 20 & Specials. Various Star Wars characters & Mr. and Mrs. Claus photo opportunities. DJ Dale Dre. Free admission for viewing public. Contact: Linwood Heffington 757-434-1121
- Prime Illusions present: Giving Thanks, a Charity Car Show, Franks Pizza, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, 2411 Bainbridge Blvd., Chesapeake. Join 757 Auto Events as we pair with Prime Illusions Car Club for a charity car show. Come out for cars, trucks, food, fun, and friends. We have a new location to host this event. Franks Pizza in Chesapeake will be open and have show specials throughout the day. Get in on the Low Car/Truck Limbo to see, “how low can you go!” Free entry with tour paid admission. https://www.facebook.com/events/1689972047905095/
Sat/Sun, Nov 21/22
- Coastal Virginia Auto Show, The Virginia beach Convention center, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach. The Largest Auto and Truck Show in the Southeast! Win Cash And Prizes! A 2-day indoor event at the Virginia beach Convention center. Open to all Makes all Models, we have class specific information on the website. If it has wheels we want you to bring it to the event. Vendor spots are available as well. www.CVAutoshow.com
Fri, Nov 13 - K-Mart Car Meet, Kmart Great Neck, 9:00 pm to Midnight, 550 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach. Come out enjoy the meet, no BS just people with a common passion. Let’s be safe and clean, please no GARBAGE!
Sat, Nov 14 - Cars, Coffee & Chocolate, sponsored by Simply Fresh Café, every Saturday morning 8 am -10 am Town Center, 180 Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Parallel street parking or surface lot parking directly across the street from the host. Parking is in the shadows of The Cosmopolitan Apartments for pleasant summer mornings. All makes & models welcome. Contact Bobby Sharon email@example.com (757) 404-1406
Sat, Nov 14 - (2nd Sat) Cars & Coffee Newport News, Village Square Shopping Center, 8:00 - 11:00 am, 5007 Victory Boulevard, Newport News. This is an informal cruise-in for enthusiast of all makes, models and years, cars and trucks the second Saturday each month from to talk cars and share a cup of coffee. Parking will be on the furthest left side (Parking lot with UNO, KROGER, KMART), and Coffee/Pastries will be for sale on the patio at UNO. Please: No revving, No Burnouts, No loud music, No parking in loading/firezones, No double parking. Please be respectful and most of all. https://www.facebook.com/carsandcoffeenewportnews/timeline
Sat, Nov 14 - Suffolk Hardee’s Cruz-In, 4 to 9:00 pm, 2301 Pruden Blvd., Suffolk. A Cruz-in will be held at Hardee’s, every Saturday night weather permitting, all year long.
Sat, Nov 14 - StanceDreams meet, Walmart Supercenter Virginia Beach, 5 - 10:00 pm, 4821 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. November 14th Birthday stance meet at Walmart on VA Beach Blvd. and Cleveland St.
Wed, Nov 18 - Fuddruckers Newport News Open Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Fri, Nov 20 - Toys, Cars and Tow trucks, Kmart Great Neck, 9:00 pm to Midnight, 550 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach. This will be a normal Friday night meet with a little something extra. A toy drive!!! Every year I help out with metro towing toy drive we pick a different charity every year to give toys to and help out. We have people donate toys and money and any money earned we take Black Friday shopping and get twice as many toys. This year marks our five year anniversary and what better way to celebrate five amazing years than to have a car meet to help out. So to get into the meet everyone please bring a new unopened toy or at least a $5 donation. https://www.facebook.com/events/898131320257265/
Sat, Nov 21 - (3rd Sat) Williamsburg Cars & Coffee, 8 - 10:00 am, The Coffeehouse, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg. C&C ~ Williamsburg is an informal gathering of people with a passion for automobiles. Come on out and share a cup of coffee with the enthusiast you met last month. or plan to make new friends to compare your mods with next month! http://www.carsandcoffeewilliamsburg.com/
Sat, Nov 28 - (4th Sat) Cars & Coffee Norfolk, 9 - 11:00 am, Uno Pizzeria & Grill, JANAF Shopping Center, Military Hwy & VA Beach Blvd., Norfolk. An informal hangout for mature car enthusiasts with a passion for automobiles, who enjoy an early Saturday morning drive.
Sat, Nov 28 - Sumospeed Block Party and Annual Toy Drive, Floyd E. Kellam High School, 12 - 5:00 pm, 2665 West Neck Rd, Virginia Beach. we will be hosting a toy drive this fall and hope to see everyone out. Checkered Flag Auto Group ’s Toyota dealership will be on hand to accept all of your donations in their latest line of awesome trucks! There is no entry fee, except a toy donation at the entrance of the event. All donations will be deposited directly to Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD), to help children in the immediate area that may not have the luxury of a normal holiday season. Please invite friends and family to this event! The more participation the better outcome for the children. https://www.facebook.com/events/1603467213224573/
Sat, Nov 28 - Paul Walker & Roger Rodas Meet/Cruise 2K15, Uno Pizzeria and Grill, Village Square, 7:30 pm, 5007 Victory Blvd, Yorktown. Paul Walker & Roger Rodas passed away on November 30th 2013. They have made incredible contributions and have impacted the car scene all over the world. In return Affiliated Alliance will be hosting a get together and cruise. Many of you participated in the F&F7 movie event in Virginia beach last year, and we would like for you guys to attend again this year. Please stay tuned for more charity events and cruises for Virginia, thanks! Note: Meeting in Virginia Beach then cruising to Yorktown Uno Grill and back, more information will be posted as time moves forward. https://www.facebook.com/events/1644236462494791/
Thu, Dec 3 - Movie Meet-Up: “Hitting the Apex”, AMC Lynnhaven 18, 7:30 pm, 1001 Lynnhaven Mall Loop, Virginia Beach. Come watch the MotoGP documentary “Hitting the Apex” with us. The way it works is, there has to be a certain amount of tickets sold for the event to take place. When you sign up, you order the tickets. If the threshold is not met, the event is cancelled and nobody is charged any money. Click this link to order your tickets. https://www.tugg.com/events/72463
Sat, Dec 5 - (1st Sat) Virginia Beach Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the first Saturday each month from 7:00 - 9:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at La Promenade Shops, 1860 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 in the West Hilltop area of Virginia Beach, which features ample parking and BEAN THERE COFFEE on location. Please be courteous to the businesses in the shopping center and leave the lot at 9:00 am promptly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
Sat, Dec 5 - Holiday Toy “Drive” 4 with 757 Auto Events, Sound Wave Customs, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, 2700 Avenger Dr., Ste. 111, Virginia Beach. The actual event/cruise date is December 5th. We make a full day of it by starting out at Virginia Beach cars and coffee for our first collection point, then we cruise throughout the day with stops at the different storefronts that we had dropped off boxes to. We pick up those boxes and bring the entire mobile car show with us to visit the different businesses. The last stop will be our after party. They will also be open to all ages. Come join us for food, drinks, and some fun! Cost for admission: Bring a new unwrapped toy or $5 donation to the registration event. That gets you the registration package with turn by turn directions and raffle tickets for gift card drawings. We will have coffee and doughnuts available for our participants. We will have several awards to give out during the registration time. https://www.facebook.com/events/800128330062531/
AUTO CROSS(AX, or SOLO)/HI-PERF DRIVERS EDUCATION(HPDE)/TIME TRIALS/CLUB RACING/ROAD RALLY
Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC)
Founded in Norfolk Virginia in 1953 TSCC has a strong foundation within the local Hampton Roads autocross community and surrounding areas (140+ club members in 2009). Our autocross season runs from March through November with events taking place on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually host a novice autocross school early in the season on the Saturday before our Sunday event. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
Our club is not solely structured around autocross. TSCC is, as the name implies, a car club, supporting the enthusiast. Car shows, social gatherings, and community involvement are just a few of the extracurricular activities in which TSCC participates. We host a charity event at least once a year where all the proceeds from the event are donated to a designated charity. Since 2005, we have donated over $20,000.00 to various local and national charities - www.tidewatersportscarclub.com
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Nov 15 / AX #9 / Pungo Airfield
AUTO RACING / MOTORSPORTS
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)
Chosen as one of Car & Driver’s Top 6 tracks in the nation, Virginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as “America’s Motorsport Resort.” http://virnow.com/
Fri-Sun, Nov 13-15 - Carolinas Region PCA, Drivers Ed. Friday - Solo Only. For more information contact John Babinski, Drivers Ed Chair. http://www.carolinas-pca.com/#
Sat/Sun, Nov 21/22 - Track Club USA, High Speed Track, Full Course. http://www.trackclubusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119
Sat/Sun, Dec 5/6 - Optima Batteries Chumpcar World Series Proudly Presents: “VIR Double 7”, Two 7 hour races on VIR North. http://www.chumpcar.com/register/supplementalrules/250.pdf
Richmond International Raceway (RIR)
Known as America’s Premier Short Track, RIR offers great night racing action and a commitment to the fan experience. One of the most popular facilities among drivers and fans in all of motorsports, Richmond International Raceway annually hosts two NASCAR Doubleheader weekends, featuring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series, under the lights on a ¾-mile D-Shaped oval. The unique layout traditionally produces exciting side-by-side racing, yet drivers reach high enough speeds for a superspeedway feel. Combined with first-class amenities and a focus on the fans, guests at Richmond International Raceway can expect to experience what “Racing Perfection” truly is. http://www.rir.com/?homepage=true
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
3165 N Armistead Ave., Hampton
America’s Oldest Consecutively Running Short Track! Three Time Recipient of the NASCAR Hometrack Achievement Award. http://www.langley-speedway.com/
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Virginia Motorsports Park
Dinwiddie, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Petersburg, VA 23803.
Built in 1994, a state of the art multi-million dollar facility encompassing 500 acres featuring: Drag Strip, Mud Bog Pit, Truck and Tractor Pull Arena, Motocross facility, and a BMX Track. http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/
Sat/Sun, Nov 14/15 - Fall ET Challenge - Big $$$ ET Racing
Sat, Nov 21 - HTP Horsepower Hustle Fall Brawl, plus Test-n-Tune
Thu-Sun, Nov 26-29 - Turkey Trot - Big $$$ ET Racing
Sat, Dec 5 - Test-n-Tune
I don’t drive too fast, I just fly too low!
Follow or subscribe to the Blogs at: