Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Local Car Happenings for Tidewater VA
UPCOMING SHOWS ETC.
Sat Sep 5
- 7th Annual Boulevard of Wheels Custom Car Show, presented by Street Dreams Corvette Club, American Indoor Karting, 9:00 am-4:00 pm, 2736 N. Mall Drive, Virginia Beach. Open to all makes and models. Proceeds to benefit Seton Youth Shelters. Featuring 36 classes to choose from, first and second place award in each class and larger classes will have third-place awards. Also there will be a Go-kart racing and exhaust competition, Plus much more. For more info call (757) 717-4523 or visit us on our web site @ www.streetdreamscorvetteclub.com. Like us on Face Book 'Street Dreams Corvette Club'.
- Back to school car show, Walmart Norfolk - Tidewater Drive, 3 - 9:00 pm, 7530 Tidewater Dr., Norfolk. Come out and have fun with us at Walmart and help the kids with school supplies (pack a back pack). We will be starting at 3 pm on Saturday Sep 5. Registration from 3-6 pm. $20 without school supplies/ $7 with school supplies (pack a back pack).
Sun Sep 6
- 'Mickey Allen' Benefit Show & Shine, presented by Classic Cruisers & Fuddruckers, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Fuddruckers Deluxe Bar & Grill, 12361 Hornsby Lane, Newport News. All donations to offset rising medical costs for Mickey Allen. Car participants will get 10% discount on food from Fuddruckers. Raffle, DJ, Cars.
Fri Sep 11
- Night Moves September Meet Sponsored by Stock or Modified Bodyworks, The Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Regional Training Center, 6 - 10:00 pm, 2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach. Come on out to our fifth Night Moves meet of 2015! With our first four meets drawing over 600 cars a piece from all over VA and parts of NC/MD, you will not want to miss any more this summer!! We will have food and drinks for sale on site courtesy of The Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Regional Training Center, great music courtesy of Muzik Lounge and Dj El Capone, and official photography coverage by Chops Creative. We have to give a huge thanks to Stock or Modified Bodyworks for being this month's meet sponsor, they provide a wide array of bodywork and paint services for any and all vehicles. HobbyTown USA Virginia Beach VA and 313 Sign Works will also be on hand providing products and added entertainment! https://www.facebook.com/events/869886226438487/
Sat Sep 12
- 7th Annual Thomas Nelson Community College Car Show, Hampton College campus, Reg 7 - 10:00 am, Awards 1:00 pm, 99 Thomas Nelson Drive, Hampton. This is the 7th annual car show to benefit the college’s automotive program and the premier car event for the peninsula in September. If you can only attend a few shows this year, don’t miss the one everyone’s been talking about. There will be 40+ categories, the college president, alumni, and sponsors awards, with food vendors and music on site. Web Site: www.tncc.edu/carshow | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 19th Annual Show of General Motors Cars, Suttle Motors, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 12525 Jefferson Ave, Newport News. The Cadillac and LaSalle Club, Hampton Roads Region is hosting its 19th annual car show. Show is open to all years of Cadillac, LaSalle, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Chevrolet cars (with classes for stock and modified versions),rain or shine. Registration is $20 and closes at noon. Dash plaques to the first 50 cars registered. We use participant judging with 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place trophies awarded in each class plus best of show and dealer's choice award. We will have drawings for door prizes and good food on site. A Fire extinguisher is required. For more info or forms contact James Gregg at email@example.com or visit the web site: www.hamptonroadsvaclc.org
- Tidewater Corvette Club Annual Corvette Roundup, Casey Chevrolet, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, corner of Jefferson Ave. and J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News. All classes of Corvette are welcome with 1st and 2nd place trophies for each generation C-1 thru C-7 and "Best in Show", "Dealers Choice", and "People Choice" will also be awarded. Entry fee is $25 and all proceeds will go to the Food-Bank of the Peninsula. There will be music provided and a food vendor on site. Please come and support our efforts to support the Food-Bank and enjoy all the beautiful Corvettes. Hope to see you there. Web Site: www.tidewatercorvetteclub.org | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathews Market Days Car Show, Hunter Middle School, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 387 Church St., Mathews. The Mathews Market Days Car, Truck & Bike Show is hosted by the Classic Cruisers Car Club (CCCC). The event is free to the public and is open to all makes, models, and years of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. A donation covers the vehicle registration fee. The awards presentation will begin at 3 pm. ALL money raised will go to support the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters. For more information, contact Paul James at email@example.com.
- 5th Annual Ancient Order of Hibernians (AOH) Car Show, Knights of Columbus Hall, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, 1236 Prosperity Road, Virginia Beach. This is a fund-raiser event for the Ancient Order of Hibernians, St Patrick Div1 in Tidewater VA. Early registration until 1 SEP is $20.00 (see flyer for mailing address), or $25.00 day of the event. Participant and audience voting for trophy-awards in all classes, participant dash-plaques for all show cars. All vehicles and motorcycles welcome. DJ-Music provided, & food and drinks for sale at the event. All proceeds are a charitable donation to the Hibernians, a registered 501c Charitable Organization. No alcohol, no glass containers on field, show cars must have a fire extinguisher. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web Site: www.jaxops1.tripod.com/AOH_Carshow.html
Sat Sep 19
- MOPAR Madness, Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Dinwiddie, VA. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. For further information, email email@example.com or call 804.862.3174. Web Site: www.megamoparaction.com Flyer Link: www.VirginiaMotorsports.com
- Third Annual Warhill High School Car Show & Vendor Fair, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, WHS, 4615 Opportunity Way, Williamsburg. Rain date 9/25/15. Music hosted by Ron Herrick. Early bird registration $15 until 9/14/15 (mailed to school). Day of registration $20; checks payable to WHS PTSA. Trophies for Top 30 vehicles and thank you give-aways for first 50 vehicles. Hot food. Vendor Fair by 4Event Planning. Silent Auction. All funds raised for student-teacher programming. We are also hosting a nonperishable food drive to benefit the Salvation Army has requested our help so please bring out some non-perishable items if you can! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web Site: www.wjccschools.org/web/whs/families/ptsa/
- Southeast Virginia Street Rod Association's 23rd Annual Charity Show and Shine, The Charlie Daniels Performance Group, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 20128 IWIP Road, Smithfield. [rain or shine] Event is open to pre-1979 Cars and Trucks. Registration day of show is $20.00. Food Vendors, Dash Plaques, Door Prizes, Raffles, Event T-shirt sales, Children’s games and Entertainment. Event Proceeds to local Charity benefiting the less-fortunate. For more information: Wes Thomas - 757-484-8150. Email: email@example.com | Web Site: www.sevastreetrods.org
Sun Sep 20
- Antique Classic & Rod show, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Portsmouth-Chesapeake Lodge 82, 2541 Gum Road, Chesapeake. Cars park 10 am to 12:30 pm, Event 1 to 4 pm. PRE Registration $15.00, Registration day of $20.00. Trophy's, Raffles, Event T-shirt sales, Entertainment, Food. Event Proceeds to Veterans Activities. For more information: Beverly O'Quinn, 757.406.0205 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Boots & Roots Custom Car Show, in conjunction with the Isle of Wight County Fair, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, rain or shine Heritage Park, 21311 Courthouse Hwy (Rte. 258), Windsor. The Boots & Roots Custom Car Show, in memory of Cecil Proffit and in partnership with Daniels Performance Group, will be held in conjunction with the Isle of Wight County Fair on Sunday, September 20. Open to all cars, trucks, vans, and motorcycles. Entry from 9:00am-11:00am. Judging begins at 11:00am. Awards presented at 2:30pm. Many new awards this year including "Chairman's Choice. Registration at the gate is $20.00. Pre-registration is $15.00 by August 28. Make checks payable to Isle of Wight County and mail to Dept. of Parks & Recreation, 13036 Nike Park Rd, Carrollton, VA 23314. Free entry for one guest is included in the registration fee. Guest must be in the vehicle when entering or additional fees may apply. For additional information call (757) 357-5959 or e-mail Lauren.Bailess@iwus.net.
Sat Sep 26
- Mid-Atlantic Ford Round-Up, Wynne Ford, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, 1020 West Mercury Blvd., Hampton. All Ford & Ford Powered Car and Truck Show. All proceeds benefit StandUp For Kids Hampton Roads. Pre-register at www.MAFRU.weebly.com for $20 through Sept. 19. $25 entry fee day of show. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place awards in 22 classes. JLT Performance on site, DJ, food vendor, Human Truck Pull, door prizes, silent auction items. Contact Bobby Sharon, Bobcat16@cox.net | 757-404-1406
- 42nd Annual Tidewater Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America (TRAACA) Meet: "Wings & Wheels" Car Show, Military Aviation Museum, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Virginia Beach. There will be two great car shows in one, featuring hundreds of beautiful cars, trucks, and motorcycles: "Preserving the Past" for antique and special interest vehicles 1990 and older in or restored to originally built condition (these will have AACA-type points judging) and "Mods & Rods" for modified and custom vehicles 1990 and older (these will be participant judged). All displayed vehicles must have a charged, operational UL-approved fire extinguisher. There will be a slightly different show field layout this year, with antique vehicles and mods & rods directly across from each other. Admission to the car show is free for spectators, but airport parking is $15 per vehicle (so pack in your kids and friends!) and includes free access to the Military Aviation Museum, the world's largest collection of restored and flyable World War I and II military aircraft. Special parking is available for spectator car club gatherings in the museum's parking area. Free trailer parking for car show participants. For registration forms and more information, go to the TRAACA website: www.aaca.org/tidewater. For more information or if you have questions, contact Meet Chairman Tony Scarpelli at email@example.com or (757) 810-1600 or TRAACA President Jim Villers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 481-6398.
- Guinea Jubilee Festival Car Show, presented by The Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club of Gloucester, Show times are from 9-3, with registration ending at 12:00, 8784 Guinea Rd., Hayes. The Guinea Jubilee is a two day event that annually attracts thousands of people to celebrate and honor the way of life in the Guinea Neck. The Jubilee features cultural activities, arts and crafts, exhibits, a parade, delicious seafood. Trophies are awarded for the top five in GM, Ford, Mopar, Imports, Motorcycles and trucks. Also awarded are trophies for the next 25 vehicles, as well as other special awards. Winners are selected by participant voting. Early registration is $15 and $20 the day of the show. For further information, contact MPCC on our email address or web page. We look forward to seeing you there!!! Web Site: mpccofgloucester.com | email: email@example.com
- "Cars for a Cause", Great Bridge Presbyterian Church, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, 333 Cedar Road, Chesapeake. Laps for Lapse Alzheimer's team car show fundraiser to benefit the 2015 Walk to End Alzheimer's in Virginia Beach. Open to all years, makes, models and motorcycles. Pre-registration until September 11th $20.00 donation or $25.00 day of event. 1st and 2nd Judge's and People's Choice awards announced at 1 pm. Weather permitting - no rain date. Food, fun and face-painting for the kiddies. Free admission to the public. Contact Amy Fitchett at 757-548-4192 to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All proceeds directly donated to the Alzheimer's Association. So shine 'em, show 'em and help us make a difference! See ya there
Sat Oct 3
- Franklin Fall Festival Car Show, presented by Mustang Club of Tidewater, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Main Street near railroad tracks, Downtown Franklin. Open to all makes of cars, trucks, motorcycles, any wheeled vehicle. Vendor spaces available. Proceeds benefit: Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, Oasis Food Bank of Portsmouth. Judges classes, plus Best In Show, Club Participation, Best Display. Registration Fee: $20 plus 2 cans of food. Contact: Doug Sample, 757-880-1660. Web Site: www.mustangcluboftidewater.com | Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salute to Our Heroes Ford and Ford Powered Show, Newport News Fuddruckers, near Patrick Henry mall. This is the first annual show for the L.Cpl. Cody Childers memorial foundation (we care marines). We are raising money in order to send care packages to marines serving overseas in memory of L.Cpl. Cody Childers who lost his life serving his country in 2010 he was 19 years old. There will be a silent auction with many great prizes and a raffle give away. Also if you bring a flier for the show and have a meal at fuddruckers they will donate 15% of your total to the organization. Please come out and support this great cause! If you have any further questions you can contact me at 757-816-7420 or my email email@example.com | Web Site: www.facebook.com/events/1615182805425709/
- Continental Automotive 2nd Annual Charity Car & Motorcycle Show, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, 615 Bland Blvd., Newport News. Free to the public. Free parking on-site. All proceeds benefit the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank. Trophies for winners of each category! Raffles for a set of Continental Tires and other Conti prizes! Advanced entry fee $15. ($20 day of show) Vendors must pre-register. Contact: Justin Shank (757-875-7339) Justin.Shank@continental-corporation.com Find us on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/conti.car.show
- Portsmouth Tuner Fest with 757 Auto Events, nTelos Wireless Pavilion, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, 16 Crawford Cir, Portsmouth. Open event in an amazing location. Spend the day with 757 Auto Events and Grindin' Gear at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion for an unforgettable car show. 65 Awards will be given out, including the Top 30 and 30 special awards. Portion of the proceeds will benefit the American Heart Association "Heart Walk" through our Team "757iLLEST car club." This event is open to all makes and models of transportation. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedal bikes. We will have facility provided concessions, DJ's, and beer will be sold for consumption in the Preferred Parking Show area (no personal alcohol will be allowed at his event.) Event T shirts will be included with our Preregistered entrants along with parking in the Preferred Show lot on the water (for first 100 paid entrants!) Preregistration info will be posted. There will be 100 Preferred parking spots in the Pavilion courtyard and 150+ general showing spots in the parking lot. Spectator parking is free in the Portsmouth City parking garage. (757) 393-8181, firstname.lastname@example.org | https://www.facebook.com/events/116696795341426/
Sat Oct 10
- Second Annual 2015 ECW AutoFest, Lafayette High School, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, 4460 Longhill Road, Williamsburg. This year we are presenting you with SECOND Annual 2015 ECW AutoFest! We hope to feature everyone’s favorite European Cars in town. Bring your car out and enjoy the day! Our fundraiser is to benefit the EEE Resource Center, INC. and Beyond Boobs. Specialized awards this year, more raffle prizes, vendors, and fun for the whole family! Contact Helen at 757-220-9660 for donations, or if you'd like to be a vendor... ALL VENDORS WELCOME. Check website for registration information. Web Site: www.ecwautofest.eventbee.com | Flyer Link: www.www.facebook.com/events/955965904426878/ | Email: email@example.com
- 6th Annual Air & Auto Classic, presented by First Settlers region Porsche Club of America, Military Aviation Museum, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, 1341 Princess Anne Road, Virginia Beach. All makes and models are welcome! Non-judged car corral is $15.00 per vehicle. Show car registration is $25.00 per vehicle. Rock Star parking is $50.00 per vehicle (online registration only). Proceeds benefit the SPCA and the Foodbank of Virginia. The rain date is Halloween, 31 October, 2015. Spectator parking is $15.00 per vehicle and includes: Free access to the MAM, A unique opportunity to review a large display of fine foreign and domestic motorcars, including rallye, racing, rods and restorations.
Cars & Coffee: Are you normally busy on Saturdays with a list of honey-do's or family commitments? Well that's perfectly fine because you can be back home before your spouse is even up. Enjoy your car hobby and still enjoy the rest of your day. Originally started in Irvine, CA at a strip mall on the PCH, the Cars & Coffee idea has steadily spread to various areas across the country. Here in Tidewater Virginia, we have the great Mid-Atlantic coastal region, we have plenty of sports cars in the area, and we have plenty of coffee shops so it seemed a logical fit. This is an informal hangout for mature car enthusiasts who enjoy an early morning drive and a cup of coffee.
1st Sat - (Sep 5) Virginia Beach Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the first Saturday each month from 7:00 - 9:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at La Promenade Shops, 1860 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 in the West Hilltop area of Virginia Beach, which features ample parking and BEAN THERE COFFEE on location. Please be courteous to the businesses in the shopping center and leave the lot at 9:00 am promptly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
2nd Sat - (Sep 12) Newport News Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the second Saturday each month from 8:00 - 10:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at AROMA'S, 706 Town Center Drive, Newport News, VA 23606. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385990664766049/
3rd Sat - (Sep 19) Williamsburg Cars & Coffee, 8 - 10:00 am, The Coffeehouse, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg. C&C ~ Williamsburg is an informal gathering of people with a passion for automobiles. Come on out and share a cup of coffee with the enthusiast you met last month. or plan to make new friends to compare your mods with next month! http://www.carsandcoffeewilliamsburg.com/
Every Sat - Cars, Coffee & Chocolate, sponsored by Simply Fresh Café, every Saturday morning 8 am -10 am Town Center, 180 Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Parallel street parking or surface lot parking directly across the street from the host. Parking is in the shadows of The Cosmopolitan Apartments for pleasant summer mornings. All makes & models welcome. Contact Bobby Sharon firstname.lastname@example.org (757) 404-1406
Every Sat - Saturday night Cruise-in, Landstown Commons Shopping Center, 3 to 8:00 pm, at the corner of Princess Anne Rd & Dam Neck Rd. Come join us Saturday nights for fun, friends, cars and music. Dash plaques to first 50 on field. This cruise-in brings in 130+ cars. Coupons given out for shopping center merchants. There is a $2.00 fee per vehicle. Spectators free. All proceeds go to charity. Contact John Herbert at email@example.com or call 757-377-7144 or Rob McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-553-2012.
Every Sat - Suffolk Hardee’s Cruz-in, 4 to 9:00 pm, 2301 Pruden Blvd., Suffolk. A Cruz-in will be held at Hardee’s, every Saturday night weather permitting, all year long.
Every Sat - "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In, Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club, 5:30-9:00 pm, The Main Street Shopping Center, 6882 Main Street, Gloucester. Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club would like to you to join us on Saturday nights April to October 2015 for our "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In. It starts around 5:30 pm and continues till about 30 minutes after dusk. Admission is $1.00 or more! Come out and join us! For further information: mpccofgloucester.com or email@example.com
Every Sat - Classic Cruiser's Cruise-In, Heritage Square Shopping Center, 5:30 to 9:00 pm thru October 17, 4318 George Washington Hwy, Grafton. It is open to all years, all makes, and all models. If it's cool, bring it. It is only a $2.00 donation to show your vehicle. There is no admission fee for spectators. All cruise-in donations are donated to charity. It is a great place to listen to some great tunes played by our DJs, look at some great rides, see your old friends, and make some new ones. For more information about our club, go to www.ccccofva.org or Classic Cruisers Car Club on Facebook, or you can contact Allen Hunt 757-868-6900, firstname.lastname@example.org or Blair Armbrister 757-877-4911, email@example.com.
Every Sat - Street Syndicate / Kingsman Imports meet, USA Living, 8:00 -11:59 pm, 3320 Holland Rd., Virginia Beach. This meet has permission to be there as long as everyone cleans up their mess. Calz Pizza will be open late to serve attendees. Kingsman Imports will be enforcing normal car meet etiquette rules. They want everyone to know that anyone who acts like an idiot will be asked to leave, and if they have to ask twice, plate numbers will be given to the Local PD and USA Living.
Every Tue - Suffolk IHOP Cruise-In, 6-8:00 pm, 1210 N Main St., Suffolk. Runs July - Last Tuesday in October, every Tuesday night at the IHOP on Main Street in Suffolk local car enthusiast get together to show off their rides and enjoy some fellowship. Stop by, bring your ride; classic, new, old, car, motorcycle, truck..... bring what you got! No Admission, just come have fun! For more info contact Eley Duke III at 757.539.8777
Every Wed - Franklin Cruise-In, Every Wednesday Night, May 6th to Sep 16, 5:00 pm, at the Main Street parking lot in downtown Franklin. FREE family fun event. Enjoy 50/60's music playing, raffles, 50/50 prizes, and entry to our famous $1000.00 Grand Finale Giveaway. Sponsored by Franklin VFW. For more information please call Mike Smith 757-438-2981
Every Thu - Dairy Queen Cruise-Ins, Every Thursday Night (ending on Halloween Night "Trunk-R-Treat", Sat, Oct 31), 4024 Portsmouth Blvd.(Across the street from Cavalier Ford), Chesapeake. Western Branch Car Group. Contact: Ray Hinman, Cell: 757-672-9081 for more info!
Every Fri - "CRUZ THRU" at Shorty's Diner, 5 - 9:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Come join Shorty's Diner every Friday from 5 to 9 pm and check out some of the coolest Hot Rods, Street Cars, Trucks and Bikes in the area. Always GREAT food and GREAT people. WWW.ShortysDinerVA.com. 757-603-6674
Every Fri - Fast Friday Nights 2k15, hosted by Affiliated Alliance, 8:30-11:30 pm, Aviation Institute of Maintenance, 2211 S Military Hwy., Chesapeake. Permission has been given, so be sure to drive safe tonight, act responsible, and have a good time. NO BURNOUTS, NO PEELING OFF, NO STUPIDITY, NO EXCESSIVE REVVING. The rules are simple please don't ruin it for everyone else.
Every Fri - Ratchet Alliance Friday Night Meet, N2 Vapes, 9:00 pm - 12:00 am, 4221 Pleasant Valley Rd., Virginia Beach.
Fri Sep 4 - Smithfield Lions Cruz-In: 1st, & 3rd Fridays of every month, thru Oct 16th, Sentara/St. Luke's Urgent Care Facility, 20209 Sentara Way, Carrollton. $2 donation at gate for show cars, spectators free. Food available from Bubba & Frank's bar-b-cue, car enthusiast vendors, 50's - 60's music provided by Lion Tom Norris, "featured car clubs" at every show. Show sponsored by Starr Motors, Sentara Health Network and AVES. Reserved parking spaces are available for the entire show season for $25 each. Contact Lion Tim Marinelli: firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-371-6061
Sat Sep 5 - "Underground GT86 Night", Hosted by Affiliated Alliance, N2 Vapes, 8:30-11:30 pm, 4221 Pleasant Valley Rd., Virginia Beach. Affiliated Alliance and proudly produce to you another Saturday Night 'UNDERGROUND' meets in VA beach, come out and check some Vape gear at N2 vapes or get something to eat for 5$ at the pizza shop right across from N2 they stay open until the meet is over! There will be GT86/FRS Special parking designated, and security and cops will be there once again for safety purposes and parking assistance. If childishness starts to come about you will no longer be able to park in the 'Parking Lot, we ask of you kind people to not do the following: NO BURNOUTS, NO PEELING OFF, NO STUPIDITY, NO EXCESSIVE REVVING. The rules are simple please don't ruin it for everyone else and make sure you guys continue sharing these posts and make sure all of your friends come out and have a good time!
Fri Sep 11 - Daniels Performance Group Final Cruise-In for the 2015 Season, 6 - 9:00 pm Rain or Shine, 20128 IWIP Rd, Smithfield. It will be a special event to wrap up the cruise-ins. We are asking, if possible, for people to wear red, white and blue and/or display an American flag in their vehicle to represent remembering and honoring the fallen of 9/11. Starts at 6 pm! Open to all vehicles, $3 donation for show cars. Proceeds help benefit Toys for Tots. Free to spectators. Featured club: SEVA. Food vendor, DJ, and just plain 'ol good times. Plan to attend this special event! We'll see everyone there!
Wed Sep 16 - Fuddruckers Newport News Open Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month from 6-8 pm with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Fri Sep 18 - Smithfield Lions Cruz-In: 1st, & 3rd Fridays of every month, thru Oct 16th, Sentara/St. Luke's Urgent Care Facility, 20209 Sentara Way, Carrollton. $2 donation at gate for show cars, spectators free. Food available from Bubba & Frank's bar-b-cue, car enthusiast vendors, 50's - 60's music provided by Lion Tom Norris, "featured car clubs" at every show. Show sponsored by Starr Motors, Sentara Health Network and AVES. Reserved parking spaces are available for the entire show season for $25 each. Contact Lion Tim Marinelli: email@example.com, 757-371-6061
Sat Sep 19 - 1st Annual Sumospeed Charity Car Wash, Fairfield AJ Gators, 12 - 4:00 pm, 5218 Fairfield Shopping Ctr, Virginia Beach. For the first time, bring your cars out to be washed by the handsome gentlemen of Sumospeed. while you're waiting you can grab a beer and some lunch on the AJ Gators Patio while listening to music from one of Muzik Lounge's fine DJ's. ALL proceeds from this event will be donated to the Virginia Beach SPCA for much needed supplies for their animals. Minimum donation of $10.00 for a wash! Make sure your cars are nice and dirty!
Sat Sep 26 - Rise & Shine September Meet, Hosted by Sumospeed, Floyd E. Kellam High School, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 2665 West Neck Rd, Virginia Beach. Come out for the first edition of Sumospeed's Rise and Shine Meets! These gatherings will feature some of the nicest cars in the area as well as some great local food truck offerings. Come out, enjoy some great food and drinks, and check out some gorgeous cars. This page will be updated with more info as it comes in: https://www.facebook.com/events/792668390832090/
AUTO CROSS(AX, or SOLO)/HI-PERF DRIVERS EDUCATION(HPDE)/TIME TRIALS/CLUB RACING/ROAD RALLY
Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) - Old Dominion RegionThe Old Dominion Region (Number 63) is part of the Southeast Division (SEDiv), which consists of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our Region includes all of the cities in the Hampton Roads area as well as several surrounding cities. We primarily host two types of events: Solo (Auto Cross) and Road Rally - www.odr-scca.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Sep 6 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Oct 4 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Nov 1 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC)Founded in Norfolk Virginia in 1953 TSCC has a strong foundation within the local Hampton Roads autocross community and surrounding areas (140+ club members in 2009). Our autocross season runs from March through November with events taking place on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually host a novice autocross school early in the season on the Saturday before our Sunday event. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
Our club is not solely structured around autocross. TSCC is, as the name implies, a car club, supporting the enthusiast. Car shows, social gatherings, and community involvement are just a few of the extracurricular activities in which TSCC participates. We host a charity event at least once a year where all the proceeds from the event are donated to a designated charity. Since 2005, we have donated over $20,000.00 to various local and national charities.www.tidewatersportscarclub.com
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Sep 20 /AX #7 / Pungo Airfield
Sat Sep 26 / Fall Track Attack / Academi, NC
Sat Oct 17 / Military Appreciation Autocross / ACU-4 (Little Creek)
Sun Oct 18 / AX #8 / ACU-4
Oct 24 / NCCAR / GripFest
Nov 15 / AX #9 / Pungo Airfield
National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Mid-AtlanticNASA Mid-Atlantic increases track time for HPDE (High Performance Driver's Ed) Drivers!! In response to overwhelming feedback from our participants NASA Mid Atlantic offers even more of its award winning HPDE program to all HPDE Drivers. Starting March 22-23 at VIR NASA will increase the number of on track sessions each HPDE group receives from 3 to 4. More time. More opportunity to have more fun on track!!! www.nasaracing.net
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Fri-Sun Sep 4-6 / The 10th NASA Championships / VIRginia International Raceway Full Course - https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2084
Sat-Sun Oct 10-11 / OKTOBERFAST (OG Racing HyperDrives™, HPDE 1-2-3-4, Time Trial, Sprint Roadracing) / VIRginia International Raceway Full Course
Porsche Club of America (PCA) - First Settlers Region (Zone 2)The Porsche Club of America First Settlers Region desires the comfort of good friends and good conversation, and we praise to a fault the world's finest automobile. With those attributes, our club has grown to over 600 Active Members throughout Virginia. We race each other, show our prized possessions, conduct rallies, autocrosses and tours. The Club sponsors driver education, restoration and technical sessions. We know our Porsche, or Porsches if we're lucky, inside and out. Our Newsletter, Horizontally Opposed, which tells our stories and provides an insider view to everything Porsche. www.fsrpca.org
The mission and purpose of the Porsche Club of America's Driver's Education Program is to provide a safe, structured and controlled teaching and learning environment. The PCA DE Program is designed so that participants can improve their driving abilities and acquire a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving safety. Participants will experience first-hand the capabilities of high performance automobiles in a controlled, closed-course environment and acquire skills that will enhance safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sat-Mon Sep 19-21 / HPDE / VIR (South course Sat/Sun, Full course Mon)
Audi Club North America, Potomac Chesapeake Chapter (PCC) The PCC of the Audi Club North America (ACNA) is comprised of members from Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. Our membership is diverse, but we all share a passion for the Four Rings!
PCC is one of the largest and most active of all ACNA chapters! Our mission is to enhance the Audi ownership experience for our members by offering them a wide variety of benefits including: Driver education and safety instruction held at regional motorsports facilities including Virginia International Raceway (VIR) and Summit Point Raceway, Social networking with other Audi fans, Technical and product information about the Audi family of vehicles, Discounts on parts and/or labor through our network of sponsors. www.audiclubpcc.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sat-Sun Sep 19-20 / HPDE / Old Dominion Raceway, Manassas
AUTO RACING / MOTORSPORTS
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)Chosen as one of Car & Driver's Top 6 tracks in the nation, Virginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort."
Fri-Sun Sep 4-6 - NASA Nationals (full course) spectator event. The 10th NASA Championships will allow competitors from all over the country to battle for the most coveted National Champion title in their respective classes at two of the most demanding and prestigious road courses in the country – VIRginia International Raceway and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – that will host the Eastern and Western Championships respectively. www.drivenasa.com
Sat/Sun Sep 12/13 - Tarheel Sports Car Club (full course). www.thscc.com
Sat/Sun Sep 19/20 - Champion Cup Series Fall CycleFest of Speed. VIRginia International Raceway’s Championship Cup Series End-of-Summer CycleFest brings some of motorcycle road racing’s best teams and riders onto the track. www.ccsracing.u?s
Fri-Sun Sep 25-27 - Heacock Classic Gold Cup Historic Races presented by Sportscar Vintage Racing Association. Tickets are $10 higher at the gate. Parking is free and kids 12 and under are admitted free with paying adult. http://www.svra.com/car-shows/2015-show-shine-car-show-at-virginia-international-raceway/
Richmond International Raceway (RIR)Known as America's Premier Short Track, RIR offers great night racing action and a commitment to the fan experience. One of the most popular facilities among drivers and fans in all of motorsports, Richmond International Raceway annually hosts two NASCAR Doubleheader weekends, featuring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series, under the lights on a ¾-mile D-Shaped oval. The unique layout traditionally produces exciting side-by-side racing, yet drivers reach high enough speeds for a superspeedway feel. Combined with first-class amenities and a focus on the fans, guests at Richmond International Raceway can expect to experience what "Racing Perfection" truly is.
Sat Sep 11 - Virginia529 College Savings 250. Do you like short track racing "under the lights" on a Friday night? How about high octane fun with the family? The Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series race has all that and more! There's no reason not to bring out the entire family when children 12 and younger are FREE with a ticketed adult in general admission seating areas.
Sat Sep 12 - Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup. Richmond International Raceway is all a buzz for one final time in 2015, and it could not be a better one. The Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is the perfect recipe for a good time. With this being "One Last Race to Make The Chase," drivers are putting it all on the line in order to get on the grid. Drivers are desperate for points and a win. They'll surely put on a sparks-flying, no mercy show as they battle for a spot to compete for the championship. Once the checkered flag waves, only the top 16 drivers get on the grid and will move on to compete for the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.
Langley Speedway3165 N Armistead Ave., Hampton
America's Oldest Consecutively Running Short Track! Three Time Recipient of the NASCAR Hometrack Achievement Award. http://www.langley-speedway.com/
Every Wed - Wacky Wednesday, our premier midweek street car racing event. Any street legal car with current inspection tags are eligible for competition. Registration and spectator gates open at 6 pm with the drivers meeting just after 7 pm and competition beginning shortly after, which includes Time Attacks, One Lap Oval Drag Racing, and Monthly Burnout competition (3rd Wed). Racing is usually complete by 10:30, providing great family fun on a week night while still ending at a decent hour. Coolers are allowed in the grandstands during the events. Come on out and join the fun!
Sat Sep 5 - NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Bayport Credit Union 150 Presented by Budweiser: NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour - 150, Grand Stocks - 40, Super Streets - 40, Legends - 25, Pro Six - 30, Winged Karts - 20, Fireworks! 7 pm
Sat Sep 19 - Subway Night: Late Models - 125, Modifieds - 50, Super Streets - 40, Legends - 25, Bandos - 15, Pro Six - 30, 7 pm
Sat Sep 26 - Denbigh Construction Season Finale: Modifieds 75, Grand Stocks 40, Super Trucks 25, UCARS 25, Winged Karts 20, Enduros 30, 7:00 pm
Sat Oct 3 - Papa John's | St. Leos Day of Destruction, 1:00 pm
Virginia Motorsports ParkDinwiddie, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Petersburg, VA 23803.
Built in 1994, a state of the art multi-million dollar facility encompassing 500 acres featuring: Drag Strip, Mud Bog Pit, Truck and Tractor Pull Arena, Motocross facility, and a BMX Track. http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/
Fri Sep 4 - Ladies Night plus! Test-n-Tune
Sat Sep 5 - Brown Racing Labor Day Shootout
Fri-Sun Sep 11-13 - Dinwiddie County Fair
Fri Sep 18 - MSHS (Day) / O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars / Street Points (Night)
Sat Sep 19 - Mega Mopar Action Series / Mopar Madness
Sun Sep 20 - Virginia Apple Chill (Gates Open 10 am, Racing @ 12 Noon)
I don't drive too fast, I just fly too low!
Follow or subscribe to the Blogs at:
Labels: auto racing, car clubs, car hobby, car lovers, car meets, car shows, classic cars, custom cars, Hampton Roads, hamptonroadsva, hot rods, motorsports, muscle cars, sports cars, street cars, street rods, Tidewater Virginia, vintage cars, virginia peninsula