Plenty of reasons to take your ride out and enjoy the good weather here in Tidewater
UPCOMING SHOWS ETC.
Sat May 16
- 2015 Z Odyssey, Annual Datsun Z car Show, hosted by Pomoco Nissan, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 1134 W. Mercury Blvd., Hampton. Judging to begin at Noon, with awards to be presented at 4 pm. Early registration is $25 with on site $30. This includes a goodie bag, one of our famous Tee shirts, and a dash plaque. Remember you do not have to have a perfect car to put it in the show come out and show your love and support of the "Z". http://www.tzccva.org/news/z-odyssey-entry-form-and-flyer/
- Town Center Corvette & Porsche Classic Car Showcase, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Town Center, Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach. Joint Car Show w/Beachcombers Corvette Club & First Settler's PCA. Join your friends at the Corvette & Porsche Showcase on the closed streets surrounding the Fountain Plaza at Virginia Beach Town Center. Show hours will be 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Pre-Registration is $20 per vehicle/$25 day of the show. Each entry will receive a custom dash plaque. A portion of the proceeds will benefit several local Virginia Beach charities. All Pre-Registrations must be received by May 8th. Get the Reg form at www.beachstreetusa.com and then click on the Virginia Beach Town Center link. For more information call: 757-491-SUNN (7866)
- "Cruise In" for Kids Car Show, Presented by Apex CC and 757iLLEST Events, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Walmart Supercenter, 4821 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Proceeds to benefit CHKD local programs. We are taking advantage of the Parking Garage, and we will be on the rooftop if the weather is clear! Find us on the ground floor in adverse weather. Join us with the Apex Car Club family as we gather cars, trucks, and friends. We will have plenty of space and are looking forward to a great event. get in on the Low Car Limbo to see, "how low can you go!" we are securing some family friendly activities and looking for a bounce house. Look forward to Raffles for gifts and prizes. We will have spaces open for vendors, Wal-Mart is hosting us and will have Concessions throughout the day. $20 minimum to show and donations encouraged. Raffle tickets will be available throughout the day. https://www.facebook.com/events/1568997780044300/
- Round Up In Smithfield IV, hosted by Peninsula Mustang Enthusiast and The Town of Smithfield, Time TBD. This is a mustang only car show. Preregistration cost is $20.00 or $25.00 day of show. Pre-registration will open on March 1, 2015 so don't forget to pre-register as we only have limited spots available. All proceeds from the show will benefit Beyond Boobs. THIS SHOW WILL BE RAIN OR SHINE. Visit the website www.peninsulamustang.com for more information and registration. Web Site: www.peninsulamustang.com / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Super Chevy Show, Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, N Dinwiddie. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. RV Spots Available. For further information, email email@example.com or call 804.862.3174. Web Site: www.SuperChevyShow.com / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grafton Baptist Classic Car and Bike Show, 9:00 am until 2:00 pm, corner of Route 17 and Dare Rd., Yorktown. First prize $500 second $300 and third place $150. Lots of vendors, great food, beautiful cars, tons of raffle items including a flat screen TV. Children's activities, face painting, cotton candy, snow cones and kids raffle prizes also! Email: Goode93@gmail.com | Web Site: www.graftonbaptistchurch.com
- Crosspointe FWB Church "Send a Kid to Camp" Show and Shine, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, 2460 Pruden Blvd. Suffolk. Send A Kid To Camp! We’ll be hosting a car wash, bake sale, yard sale, and a small car show! Plus, don’t worry about eating anything before you come because we’re going provide hotdogs as well! Please help us send a youth to camp this year by stopping by! No entry fee, no awards display and fellowship only. For more information, please call Josh Alderman at 757-770-2949. Email: email@example.com | Web Site: www.crosspointesuffolk.com
Sat May 23
- Cavalier Classic- Car, Truck & Bike Show, Princess Anne High School, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, 4400 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. Come out and support the Fabulous Marching Cavaliers of Princess Anne High School with their first annual show of everything with wheels. ALL proceeds benefit the Marching Cavaliers Band program. $20 entry fee for cars and trucks, $15 for bikes. Registration 9 am - 2 pm, Awards 4:30 pm, Show ends 5 pm. Extreme club games, demos by the FMC Band, vendors and fun for the entire family.
- Pungo Strawberry Festival Parade, 10 - 11:00 am, Princess Anne Rd., Virginia Beach. Questions? Give us a call at 757-721-6001. If no one answers, just leave a message and someone from the Festival Committee will return your call. http://www.pungostrawberryfestival.info/Pungo15/Parade.doc
Mon May 25
- 9th Annual Summer Bash Memorial Day Car, Truck & Bike Show, sponsored by Shorty's Diner, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. RAIN OR SHINE. The event is free to the public and is open to ALL makes, models, and years of vehicles. Day of show registration is a $10 donation for all vehicles, and is open from 9:00 am to noon, with participant judging beginning at noon, and the awards presentation beginning around 3:00 pm. There will be goody bags, dash plaques, music, a 50/50 raffle, and GREAT food. Top 50 awards will be given as well. ALL money raised will go directly to the Gathering of Mountain Eagles to benefit our local wounded veterans and their families! Web Site: www.facebook.com/pages/Summer-Bash-Car-Truck-Bike-Show/188787974503545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outer Banks Shallowbag Shag Beach Music Festival, at Roanoke Island Festival Park in Manteo. The theme of the festival is the Old Nags Head Casino Shag Club. We would like your 50's to 60's car or truck to display at the festival. Each participate will receive free tickets to the festival. All those interested should email a photo of their car to OBXShag@gmail.com to reserve space. Web Site: www.OBXShag.com
Sat May 30
- Poquoson Auto Show, Poquoson City Park, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Poquoson. Open to all Cars, Trucks, & Motorcycles. Awards to top 50 and special trophies, dash plaques to the first 125 registers, grounds open at 7 am, vehicles in place by 12 pm. Spectator parking at Poquoson High School. A variety of concessions, 50/50 Raffle, Prize Drawing, and live music by The Heather Edwards Band. Benefits the Poquoson Fire & Rescue Squad, and Ladies Auxiliary.
- Moparpalooza 8, Dominion Raceway, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Thornburg, VA. The wait is over! We’ve partnered with a true “Car Enthusiast” venue and this year’s event is one you won’t want to miss. Moparpalooza, presented by in 2015 by DCMODERNMOPAR and Dominion Raceway, is a charitable automotive event held annually in the Washington, D.C. area. The 2015 event will celebrate the eighth year of uniting Mopar vehicle owners to share their automotive passion for everything Mopar. In 2015, our nation’s wounded warriors will once again benefit from Moparpalooza proceeds through donations to the Fisher House Foundation. Dodge via the Chrysler Foundation is matching what we raise for the Fisher House up to $25,000.00. The event will again feature a 50/50 raffle, silent auction, and merchandise for sale. Over 550 people have submitted their RSVP via Facebook for the event! Web Site: www.moparpalooza.com/register.html | https://www.facebook.com/events/1428441184088256/
Sat Jun 6
- Springfest 2015, Virginia Beach Convention Center, 12 - 6:00 pm, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach. We are excited to have everyone out again and share in the day's festivities. The event will be an indoor/outdoor hybrid event to be held once again at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. For next year we have EXPANDED our indoor hall space to more than double last year's size. Our outdoor space will remain the same as last year. This year's event will feature: Mobile AWD Dyno, Local and National Vendors, Music courtesy of Muzik Lounge, East Coast Rotary Classic, Concessions, RC Drift competition courtesy of hobby town Virginia Beach, Raffles (large item prizes (wheels/coilovers/etc...), and Product Giveaways! Prices for the event will be as follows: Spectator $5, Indoor car registration $35, Outdoor car pre-registration $20, Outdoor car registration day of $30. For information on vendor packages or any other info please email us at email@example.com
- Annual Monitor Lodge Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show, Monitor Lodge No. 197 A.F. & A.M., 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, 212 E. Mellen St., Hampton. Monitor Lodge A.F. & A.M. is back with its annual car, truck and motorcycle show, staring at 8 am, with trophies at 1 pm. The show will be open to all vehicles, all years & classes. The show is to help raise money for Monitor Lodge charities to include the lodge youth group, scholarship fund and free Child Id services. We will have DJ Tom Norris, the Peninsula Pin-up Angels, free breakfast to car show registrants, and Mustang Corral. Plus we will have a special presentation in honor of D-Day. Web Site: www.facebook.com/MonitorLodgeCarShow
- Causin' Trauma 2015. Car Audio Competition & Car Show, Paul D. Camp Community College, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, 100 North College Drive, Franklin. There will be a gate fee of $3.00 for contestants and spectators 13 years of age and older. All funds raised from gate fee will be donated to the Children Hospital of the Kings Daughters. Car show $20. Car audio competition : NSPL, DB drag, Bassrace, IDBL, & Bassboxing: 1 class-$20, 2 classes-$40, 3 or more classes-$60. ISPLL: 1 class-$10, 2 classes-$15, & 3 classes-$25. Test-N-Tune $10. Open to anyone who wants to test their sound system on the meter. https://www.facebook.com/events/941353559228865/
Sat/Sun Jun 13/14
- Fun Ford Weekend, Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, N Dinwiddie. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.862.3174. | Web Site: www.FunFordWeekend.com
Sun Jun 14
- 23rd Annual Beachcombers Corvette Club ALL-CAR Show, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, 9:00 am - 3:30 pm, 6252 E. Virginia Beach Blvd., NORFOLK. FOOD, MUSIC, DASH PLAQUES, SILENT AUCTION & AWARDS. Open to all years, makes, and models. This show traditionally includes many fine examples of vehicles ranging from "Classic to Modern" - "Driver to Custom" representing all vehicle companies. This year's event benefits the FOODBANK of Southeastern VA with proceeds from a Silent Auction and 50/50 drawing. Additionally, it is requested that attendees please bring non-perishable food items and donations for the Foodbank. So shine up "your pride and joy" and enter it into the show for all car enthusiasts to come see and enjoy! Get your entry form in early and pass the information to your other friends. Contact Preston Powers 757-449-7676 / email@example.com / http://www.beachcomberscorvetteclub.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=611&&Itemid=40
Sat Jun 20
- Richmond Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) 46th Annual Car Show and Swap Meet, Richmond International Raceway Complex, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. Classes for virtually every make and model car, truck, and motorcycle, stock and modified alike. This show also attracts one of the largest automotive Swap Meets in Virginia. Find that elusive part or that special vintage license plate to make your restoration complete. Ride in a vintage Chevy or Ford and help raise money for the Children's Hospital Foundation. Fun for the entire family with many activities exclusively for children! http://www.richmondaaca.com/car_show_information.pdf
- 3rd Annual Williamsburg Family Fun Day & Car Show, 9 - 3:00 pm, Williamsburg Church of Christ, 227 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Activities for the entire family to enjoy (bounce house and slide, dunk tank, games, visit from the police and fire stations, hot dogs, and cars! All makes and models welcome. the event is free and open to the public. Trophies will be given to the top three and best in Show. Contact: Jonathan Anderson 757 784 2525 or Janet Anderson 757 784 2525 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web Site: http://www.williamsburgcoc.org/#!carshowreg/c1vjr
- The Egg Bistro Car Show, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, 5860 Harbour View Blvd., Suffolk. AWESOME FOOD, CARS and PEOPLE. All Proceeds benefit The Healing Place of Hampton Roads. Participant’s Choice Vote for best in 39 classes, $20 reg fee. Contact Bobby Sharon email@example.com | (757) 404-1406. AWARD SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE.
- Cavalier Mazda Car Show and Barbeque, 10:00 am t0 3:00 pm, Cavalier Mazda, 1552 S. Military Highway, Chesapeake. Judging Open to All Mazda Cars and Trucks. $20.00 Registration fee. All money collected will be donated to The American Cancer Society. Trophies Awarded. Participant Judging. Door Prizes, Free Food and Drinks. Scott Benson will be Cooking a Whole Hog, Beef Brisket and all the fixins. Enter for Judging or just come out and have a good time. For More Information Call Scott Benson at Cavalier Mazda 757-777-3200 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Web Site: www.cavaliermazda.com
- ECPI Car & Bike Show, Ecpi Medical Careers Institute, 12 - 4:00 pm, 1001 Omni Blvd Suite 200, Newport News. Price: $5 Per Car/Bike. Classes: best in show, best import, best domestic, best euro, best motorcycle, most likely to get pulled over, best work in progress.
Sun Jun 28
- Second Annual Win the Fight Walk & Car Show, Suffolk. All of the proceeds will go directly to Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Johns Hopkins is a non-profit organization that has made many strides in the field of medicine. Research is essential in finding effective treatment and hopefully a cure for this devastating disease. Contact us at (757) 638-0624, email@example.com of www.sclerodermasuffolk.com for more information.
Sat - Cars & Coffee: Are you normally busy on Saturdays with a list of honey-do's or family commitments? Well that's perfectly fine because you can be back home before your spouse is even up. Enjoy your car hobby and still enjoy the rest of your day. Originally started in Irvine, CA at a strip mall on the PCH, the Cars & Coffee idea has steadily spread to various areas across the country. Here in Tidewater Virginia, we have the great Mid-Atlantic coastal region, we have plenty of sports cars in the area, and we have plenty of coffee shops so it seemed a logical fit. This is an informal hangout for mature car enthusiasts who enjoy an early morning drive and a cup of coffee.
1st Sat - (Jun 6) Virginia Beach Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the first Saturday each month from 7:00 - 9:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at La Promenade Shops, 1860 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 in the West Hilltop area of Virginia Beach, which features ample parking and BEAN THERE COFFEE on location. Please be courteous to the businesses in the shopping center and leave the lot at 9:00 am promptly. http://carclubcouncil.info/cars_and_coffee.pdf orhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
2nd Sat - (Jun 13) Newport News Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts the second Saturday each month from 8:00 - 10:00 am to talk cars and share a cup of coffee at AROMA'S, 706 Town Center Drive, Newport News, VA 23606. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385990664766049/
3rd Sat - (May 16) Williamsburg Cars & Coffee, 8 - 10:00 am, The Coffeehouse, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg. C&C ~ Williamsburg is an informal gathering of people with a passion for automobiles. Come on out and share a cup of coffee with the enthusiast you met last month. or plan to make new friends to compare your mods with next month! http://www.carsandcoffeewilliamsburg.com/
Every Sat - Cars, Coffee & Chocolate, sponsored by Simply Fresh Café, every Saturday morning 8 am -10 am Town Center, 180 Central Park Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Parallel street parking or surface lot parking directly across the street from the host. Parking is in the shadows of The Cosmopolitan Apartments for pleasant summer mornings. All makes & models welcome. Contact Bobby Sharon firstname.lastname@example.org (757) 404-1406
Wed May 13 - Newport News Fuddruckers Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month from 6-8 pm with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Wed May 13 - Franklin Cruise In, Every Wednesday Night May 6th to Sep 16, 5:00 pm, at the Main Street parking lot in downtown Franklin. FREE family fun event. Enjoy 50/60's music playing, raffles, 50/50 prizes, and entry to our famous $1000.00 Grand Finale Giveaway. Sponsored by Franklin VFW. For more information please call Mike Smith 757-438-2981
Thu May 14 - Dairy Queen Cruise-Ins, (every Thursday Night ending on Halloween Night "Trunk-R-Treat", Sat, Oct 31), Portsmouth Blvd.(Across the street from Cavalier Ford), Chesapeake. Contact: Ray Hinman, Cell: 757-672-9081 for more info!
Fri May 15 - Smithfield Lions Cruz-In: 1st, & 3rd Fridays of every month, thru Oct 16th, Sentara/St. Luke's Urgent Care Facility, 20209 Sentara Way, Carrollton. $2 donation at gate for show cars, spectators free. Food available from Bubba & Frank's bar-b-cue, car enthusiast vendors, 50's - 60's music provided by Lion Tom Norris, "featured car clubs" at every show. Show sponsored by Starr Motors, Sentara Health Network and AVES. Reserved parking spaces are available for the entire show season for $25 each. Contact Lion Tim Marinelli: email@example.com, 757-371-6061
Fri May 15 - Back by Popular Demand... "Cruz Thru" at Shorty's Diner, 5 - 9:00 pm, 627 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. Come join Shorty's Diner every Friday from 5 PM to 9 PM and check out some of the coolest Hot Rods, Street Cars, Trucks and Bikes in the area. Always GREAT food and GREAT people. WWW.ShortysDinerVA.com. 757-603-6674
Fri May 15 - Friday Night Lights 2k15, Hosted by Affiliated Allianced, 8:00 pm - midnight, Kmart 4300 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake. Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, we're back in action and Kmart meets are back up in Chesapeake!
Sat May 16 - Local Legendz Divas Fine Rides and Hot Bikes Car wash, Rent and Roll, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, 818 E Little Creek Rd., Norfolk. Come out and let the lovely ladies of Local Legendz Divas SC wash your whip for you.... https://www.facebook.com/events/1532787040343379/
Sat May 16 - Saturday Night Cruise-in at Landstown Commons Shopping Center, 4 to 9:00 pm, at the corner of Princess Anne Rd & Dam Neck Rd. Come join us Saturday nights for fun, friends, cars and music. Dash plaques to first 50 on field. This cruise-in brings in 130+ cars. Coupons given out for shopping center merchants. There is a $2.00 fee per vehicle. Spectators free. All proceeds go to charity. Contact John Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-377-7144 or Rob McPherson at email@example.com or call 757-553-2012.
Sat May 16 - Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In, 5:30 pm, The Main Street Shopping Center, 6882 Main Street, Gloucester. Middle Peninsula Classic Cruisers Car Club would like to you to join us on Saturday nights April to October 2015 for our "Let's Talk Cars" Cruise-In. It starts around 5:30 pm and continues till about 30 minutes after dusk. Admission is $1.00 or more! Come out and join us! For further information: mpccofgloucester.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat May 16 - The Classic Cruiser's Cruise-In takes place every Saturday night from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM beginning April 11 thru October 17. We will not hold a cruise-in on July 4. Our location is Heritage Square Shopping Center, 4318 George Washington Hwy, Grafton, VA. It is open to all years, all makes, and all models. If it's cool, bring it. It is only a $2.00 donation to show your vehicle. There is no admission fee for spectators. All cruise-in donations are donated to charity. It is a great place to listen to some great tunes played by our DJs, look at some great rides, see your old friends, and make some new ones. For more information about our club, go to www.ccccofva.org or Classic Cruisers Car Club on Facebook, or you can contact Allen Hunt 757-868-6900, email@example.com or Blair Armbrister 757-877-4911, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat, May 16 - Friday Night Lights 2k15, Hosted by Affiliated Allianced, 8:00 pm - midnight, V2 Vape shop, Virginia Beach. Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, starting on Saturdays only we will meet up at the V2 Vape shop In Va Beach and yes there will be two separate events so get prepared!
Wed May 20 - Newport News Fuddruckers Cruise-In, 6 - 8:00 pm, 12361 Hornsby Lane Newport News. All new cruise in to be held on The third Wednesday of the month from 6-8 pm with a trophy going to the Fuddruckers Staff pick of the night. This event is open to all makes and models and we are limited to about 60 cars at a time. Participants are encouraged to donate $1.00 to participate. At the end of the season the money that is raised through participants will be donated to WoundedWear.org. Any questions please feel free to contact the VPCCC Vice President. As a general guideline this event will be monitored and it is requested that there be no revving, loud music or other Shenanigans that may cause this event to be cancelled.
Wed May 20 - Franklin Cruise In, Every Wednesday Night May 6th to Sep 16, 5:00 pm, at the Main Street parking lot in downtown Franklin. FREE family fun event. Enjoy 50/60's music playing, raffles, 50/50 prizes, and entry to our famous $1000.00 Grand Finale Giveaway. Sponsored by Franklin VFW. For more information please call Mike Smith 757-438-2981
Thu May 21 - Dairy Queen Cruise-Ins, (every Thursday Night ending on Halloween Night "Trunk-R-Treat", Sat, Oct 31), Portsmouth Blvd.(Across the street from Cavalier Ford), Chesapeake. Contact: Ray Hinman, Cell: 757-672-9081 for more info!
Sat May 23 - Cruise for a Cause Food "Drive", Hosted by DTP Pro, Blazin Bonez BBQ, 11:00 am, 1401-B Lynnhaven Pkwy., Virginia Beach. Each day millions of Americans go to bed hungry. Food insecurity (unable to obtain food) is a growing issue among employed and unemployed citizens. We would like to help assist this growing epidemic by partnering up with the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore by hosting our own Food "Drive". Will be hosting a "cruise" from Blazin Bonez BBQ down to the food bank to drop off our donations and take pictures in the process. This is a very rewarding experience and we encourage everyone to participate. Event cost: Minimum of 2 non-perishable food items. https://www.facebook.com/events/903622893012454/
AUTO CROSS(AX, or SOLO)/HI-PERF DRIVERS EDUCATION(HPDE)/TIME TRIALS/CLUB RACING/ROAD RALLY
Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) - Old Dominion Region
The Old Dominion Region (Number 63) is part of the Southeast Division (SEDiv), which consists of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our Region includes all of the cities in the Hampton Roads area as well as several surrounding cities. We primarily host two types of events: Solo (Auto Cross) and Road Rally - www.odr-scca.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sun Jun 7 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Jul 5 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Sun Aug 2 / Solo / Pungo Airfield
Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC)
Founded in Norfolk Virginia in 1953 TSCC has a strong foundation within the local Hampton Roads autocross community and surrounding areas (140+ club members in 2009). Our autocross season runs from March through November with events taking place on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually host a novice autocross school early in the season on the Saturday before our Sunday event. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
Our club is not solely structured around autocross. TSCC is, as the name implies, a car club, supporting the enthusiast. Car shows, social gatherings, and community involvement are just a few of the extracurricular activities in which TSCC participates. We host a charity event at least once a year where all the proceeds from the event are donated to a designated charity. Since 2005, we have donated over $20,000.00 to various local and national charities.www.tidewatersportscarclub.com
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
May 16 / Test & Tune / ACU 4 (JEB Little Creek)
May 17 / AX #3 / ACU 4
May 24 / Spring Track Attack / ACADEMI, NC (Members Only)
Jun 20 / Evolution Drivers School /ACU 4 (Members Only)
Jun 21 / AX #4 / ACU 4
Jul 26 / AX #5 / ACU 4
National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Mid-Atlantic
NASA Mid-Atlantic increases track time for HPDE (High Performance Driver's Ed) Drivers!! In response to overwhelming feedback from our participants NASA Mid Atlantic offers even more of its award winning HPDE program to all HPDE Drivers. Starting March 22-23 at VIR NASA will increase the number of on track sessions each HPDE group receives from 3 to 4. More time. More opportunity to have more fun on track!!! www.nasaracing.net
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Jun 6-7 / HPDE, Sprints, Time Trial / Summit Point
Jun 27-28 / HPDE, Sprint Races, Time Trial / Dominion Raceway
Porsche Club of America (PCA) - First Settlers Region (Zone 2)
The Porsche Club of America First Settlers Region desires the comfort of good friends and good conversation, and we praise to a fault the world's finest automobile. With those attributes, our club has grown to over 600 Active Members throughout Virginia. We race each other, show our prized possessions, conduct rallies, autocrosses and tours. The Club sponsors driver education, restoration and technical sessions. We know our Porsche, or Porsches if we're lucky, inside and out. Our Newsletter, Horizontally Opposed, which tells our stories and provides an insider view to everything Porsche. www.fsrpca.org
The mission and purpose of the Porsche Club of America's Driver's Education Program is to provide a safe, structured and controlled teaching and learning environment. The PCA DE Program is designed so that participants can improve their driving abilities and acquire a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving safety. Participants will experience first-hand the capabilities of high performance automobiles in a controlled, closed-course environment and acquire skills that will enhance safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Jun 19-21 / PCA Zone 2 Adv DE, Club Race / VIR
Jul 11-12 / FSR Summer DE / VIR
Audi Club North America, Potomac Chesapeake Chapter (PCC)
The PCC of the Audi Club North America (ACNA) is comprised of members from Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. Our membership is diverse, but we all share a passion for the Four Rings!
PCC is one of the largest and most active of all ACNA chapters! Our mission is to enhance the Audi ownership experience for our members by offering them a wide variety of benefits including: Driver education and safety instruction held at regional motorsports facilities including Virginia International Raceway (VIR) and Summit Point Raceway, Social networking with other Audi fans, Technical and product information about the Audi family of vehicles, Discounts on parts and/or labor through our network of sponsors. www.audiclubpcc.org
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Sep 19-20 / HPDE / Old Dominion Raceway
Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MCBA) Virginia
The Virginia Section covers the southeastern portion of Virginia and generally includes the communities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg. We are an active chapter with monthly events that appeal to the wide interests of our members. We do driving tours to historical places, visit interesting restaurants in interesting locations and work on our cars at "Driveway Mechanics Gatherings".
Schedule (Date / Event / Location):
Jun 27 / Summer fest 2015 High Speed Driving Event / North Carolina Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR), Garysburg, NC. This event is open to all makes and models and you do not have to be a MBCA club member to participate. There will be a full day of track time and classroom instruction with 4-5 sessions in a non-timed HPDE set up. Car sharing is allowed with separate registration for each driver. This event will fill very quickly, so you will need to place your entry soon. The price for this full day at the race track is $99 for MBCA members and $149 for non-members. This road course is ideally situated in Garysburg, NC and features a 40 feet wide bi-directional freshly paved road course with a ½ mile straightaway, 11 constant radius turns and large grassy run-off areas. There is no competition for times or trophies but a lot of fun to be had. Virtually any car is fully capable of handling this type of event. http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/summerfest-2015-nccar-mbca-virginia-352353#.VQhf6EUpDm8
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)
Chosen as one of Car & Driver's Top 6 tracks in the nation, Virginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort."
Fri-Sun May 15-17 - MotoAmerica Mid-Atlantic AMA/FIM Road Racing Championship. Welcoming back motorcycle racing at the track, VIR is honored to be one of only nine venues across the United States to host a 2015 MotoAmerica Road Racing weekend. The three-day event includes Superbike/Superstock 1000, Supersport and Superstock 600 races. This new motorcycle road racing series is reinvigorating the exhilarating motorsport in North America while grooming a new generation of racers for the world stage.
Fri-Sun Jun 5-7 - North American Road Racing Association Weekend. Race the nation with the North American Road Racing Association, America's home for high-end, high-performance cars. This year, NARRA welcomes the US GT Championship, Whelen US Time Trial Championship and inaugural US Prototype Championship (USPC) series along for the ride. Three- and one-day passes are available for this exciting, jam-packed weekend!
Richmond International Raceway (RIR)
Known as America's Premier Short Track, RIR offers great night racing action and a commitment to the fan experience. One of the most popular facilities among drivers and fans in all of motorsports, Richmond International Raceway annually hosts two NASCAR Doubleheader weekends, featuring the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series, under the lights on a ¾-mile D-Shaped oval. The unique layout traditionally produces exciting side-by-side racing, yet drivers reach high enough speeds for a superspeedway feel. Combined with first-class amenities and a focus on the fans, guests at Richmond International Raceway can expect to experience what "Racing Perfection" truly is.
May 17 - Velocity Driving. Get behind the wheel the world's best supercars including, the Nissan GTR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, Maserati GranTurismo S, BMW M6, Porsche 911 Turbo, Aston Martin DB9, and Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray for 2, 4, or 7 laps around a professionally-designed autocross racetrack with a focus on speed, and exploring what these amazing machines are all about. You will have an instructor in the passenger seat giving you pointers on how to get the most out of your experience. Most vehicles have F1-style transmissions with paddle shifters, so no stick-shift experience is required! If you're at least 18 years of age and have a drivers' license, you can easily drive one of these high-performance machines in a day that all of your family and friends will envy. Not 18 yet or without a license? You can still experience these cars in an instructor ride-along experience. http://www.velocitydriving.com/schedule.html
Jun 5/6 - Seat Time American Racing School. Seat Time American Racing School's level of personal attention means you get the NASCAR driving experience you came for, which will include expert driving instruction as you take your driving skills to the next level. We put you in control; no pace car to follow and passing is allowed. We cater to the average NASCAR fan and the avid racer alike, we at Seat Time American Racing School will promise you an exciting and fun filled day at the race track. Satisfy your need for Speed, give us a shout and get into one of our race cars. http://www.seattimeracingschool.com/
Jun 12/13 - Richard Petty Driving Experience: RPDE offers both Ride Along and Driving Experiences. For Ride Alongs you experience real life racing thrills by riding shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR-style stock car driven by one of our professional driving instructors, 3-lap qualifying run at speeds up to 165 MPH, the Ride-Along program is operated at over 20 NASCAR racing locations. For the Driving Experience you can take command of the wheel and experience the thrill first hand by driving a NASCAR-style stock car, view our complete list of driving experiences and choose the one that is just right for you, must be able to drive a manual (standard) transmission, check out our general itinerary so you know what to expect during your driving experience. http://www.drivepetty.com/Experience/Experience.aspx
Jun 19/20 - Racing with Rusty. Rusty Wallace Racing Experience provides fans and enthusiasts with an authentic NASCAR racing experience. Whether you're 14 or 94, and whether it's your first time or fortieth time, we are proud to share in the unparalleled excitement of your racing experience! Come check us out and go "Racing With Rusty"! Visit our website or call 855-22-RUSTY for more information or to sign up! http://www.racewithrusty.com/
Sat Sep 11 - Virginia529 College Savings 250. Do you like short track racing "under the lights" on a Friday night? How about high octane fun with the family? The Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series race has all that and more! There's no reason not to bring out the entire family when children 12 and younger are FREE with a ticketed adult in general admission seating areas.
Sat Sep 12 - Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup. Richmond International Raceway is all a buzz for one final time in 2015, and it could not be a better one. The Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is the perfect recipe for a good time. With this being "One Last Race to Make The Chase," drivers are putting it all on the line in order to get on the grid. Drivers are desperate for points and a win. They'll surely put on a sparks-flying, no mercy show as they battle for a spot to compete for the championship. Once the checkered flag waves, only the top 16 drivers get on the grid and will move on to compete for the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.
Langley Speedway, Hampton
America's Oldest Consecutively Running Short Track! Three Time Recipient of the NASCAR Hometrack Achievement Award. http://www.langley-speedway.com/
Every Wed - Wacky Wednesday, our premier midweek street car racing event. Any street legal car with current inspection tags are eligible for competition. Registration and spectator gates open at 6 pm with the drivers meeting just after 7 pm and competition beginning shortly after. Racing is usually complete by 10:30, providing great family fun on a week night while still ending at a decent hour. Coolers are allowed in the grandstands during the events. Come on out and join the fun!
Wed May 13 - Wacky Wednesday
Sat May 16 - Weekly Racing, (Late Models, Grand Stocks, UCARS, Pro Six), 7:00 pm
Wed May 20 - Wacky Wednesday
Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd., Petersburg, VA 23803.
Built in 1994, a state of the art multi-million dollar facility encompassing 500 acres featuring: Drag Strip, Mud Bog Pit, Truck and Tractor Pull Arena, Motocross facility, and a BMX Track. http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/
Fri-Sun May 15-17 - Super Chevy Show plus! EOPM / Extreme Outlaw Pro Mod Series
Fri May 22 - O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Wars
Sat May 23 - Brown's Racing Bert Jackson Memorial Race
Sun May 24 - Bugout 77 VW Race & Show
Fri May 29 - Ladies Night plus! MSHS
I don't drive too fast, I just fly too low!
Follow or subscribe to the Blogs at: